Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mill with an external axis

Hi to everyone!

I have the attached setup in which I want the robot to mill the element using the external axis. The expected behavior is: the robot approaches, takes position and then the external axis turn, then the robot change position and the external axis turn back and so on until the end of the program.
 In the program, everything works very good, but in real, the table rotates in the one direction, the robot in the other. I looked at the code in other programs and in them, with such an operation, only the value of E1 changes, but X,Y,Z,A,B,C don't change. Do you have any suggestion to solve this? 
 Thanks in advance

Attached Files
.rdk   KR210-2(rot_table).rdk (Size: 2.37 MB / Downloads: 290)
Hi, 

Try adding a reference frame to the turntable and using it in the robot machining project. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi, Jeremy

I try, but this don't help
Maybe something else?

Serg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It must be an issue with your controller setup.

If the robot turns around the part, it means the reference frame the program is in isn't rotating with the turntable. That's generally something you can fix/set on the controller.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Can you tell me, how I can can fix/set this on KRC2?

Thank you
I, unfortunately, don't know exactly how to do that on a KRC2.

Maybe you can send me for KRC4, and I search, how I can do this on KRC2?
You should make sure your kinematics is built properly with your BASE data. Here are some examples:
Code:
$BASE = EK (MACHINE_DEF[2].ROOT, MACHINE_DEF[2].MECH_TYPE, { X , Y , Z , A , B , C })
$BASE = EK(EX_AX_DATA[1].ROOT,EX_AX_DATA[1].EX_KIN, { X , Y , Z , A , B , C })
$BASE = EK(EX_AX_DATA[1].ROOT,EX_AX_DATA[1].EX_KIN,EX_AX_DATA[1].OFFSET)

If you configure your controller properly you can simply link the base to a base data in your table. This is the default behavior. For example, if the turntable reference is called "Frame 4", you should see this base definition:
Code:
$BASE = BASE_DATA[4]
Yes, I know this. I checked everything again.
When I am in T1 mode, everything work well, when the table rotates, the cutter moves behind it.
But when I run the program in AUTO or EXTERNAL, it seems that the table with the robot is working separately.