Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More options for custom robot/mechanism

I am working on a custom robot with two rotational axis and two linear. It's a simple machine - the kinematics are easy enough but I don't see an option for this configuration in the custom robot menu. Please see attached image for the type of robot I'm talking about. I'm new to RoboDK but I'm pretty sure this type of robot isn't available. I've been considering how to create two robots and sync them somehow but then in the curve following tool you can only select one robot so I don't think that would work. 

To summarize: having more options (how many axes and what types) in the create your own robot tool would be nice.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your feedback. However, this is a very unique mechanism. You could create it as individual rotational/translation axes stacked together.

We could also add this as a single robot object in RoboDK but it would require defining a specific project. It is better if you contact us by email.
(01-11-2021, 06:20 PM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback. However, this is a very unique mechanism. You could create it as individual rotational/translation axes stacked together.

We could also add this as a single robot object in RoboDK but it would require defining a specific project. It is better if you contact us by email.

Hey Albert,

I will send an email but just in case other people want to know I'll post my email text below:

I don't understand how stacking individual rotational/translation axes would solve the problem because I'm needing to do a curve follow project. In the curve follow project settings window there is an option to select a single robot mechanism, so how would I select both? Can you synchronize two robots together?
The synchronization is mostly meant to work with a robot arm paired with additional axes such as a turntable or a linear axis.