Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motoman FTP program transfer error

Hi, hope everyone's day is going well.
I am encountering the FTP error 451 when I try to upload certain files to my HP20D robot running on an NX100 controller via FTP, and I couldn't really point out why that is happening. I am generating the jobs on RoboDK, and the jobs that do not work do so consistently (they still dont work when I change the name/order etc). I should add that these are included in a Robotic Machining sequence.  

I tried sending the files directly from RoboDK and external FTP clients, but I cannot transfer some of the files in a sequence. (Main job + job 1-2 uploads, 3 does not upload etc).

I am attaching one of the files that I am having trouble sending to the robot. I can send and delete other files from the FTP server without issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is one of the jobs I'm having issues when I send to the controller. 

Thanks!

Attached Files
.txt   jobfile.txt (Size: 64.98 KB / Downloads: 39)
I am attaching the Filezilla sequence that leads up to the error as well. This error only occurs on certain job files, and I can send, delete or edit other files without any issues.

Code:
Command:    PASV
Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,100,10,4,80)
Command:    LIST
Response:    150 Opening BINARY mode data connection. (0,0,0,0,0)
Response:    226 Transfer complete.
Command:    PASV
Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,100,10,4,81)
Command:    STOR NTE14.JBI
Response:    150 Opening BINARY mode data connection. (0,0,0,0,0)
Response:    451 Error closing file.--[5390]--
Error:    File transfer failed
Can you try loading the file using a USB drive? You may see an error message while loading the program. This could be related to a missing feature on the robot controller or program errors.

Do you have any external axes? Did you properly configure them in RoboDK?
There are no external axes on the robot.

I also do not think my pendant supports a direct USB connection. (the operating manuals aren't really helping either) I am presuming that the error is caused by interference/limit settings, but I found that removing those settings didn't help much (although I might be wrong, I will recheck).

I will try to find a way to manually transfer the files to the robot, but is there anything else you would recommend that I try beforehand?

I am also attaching my station file, if that would be of any help.

Thank you for your assistance!

Attached Files
.rdk   gstest.rdk (Size: 13.87 MB / Downloads: 31)
What controller do you have? I assume it is an old controller but maybe you have a specific Motoman tool to transfer program files.
It is an NX100 controller, we are using FTP to transfer files to the robot. The pendant has a compact flash slot on it, but it currently is empty (we probably have to buy a converter of some sort to transfer via USB).
Using a compact flash device should work to transfer your JBI program files to the robot controller.
I obtained a CF, I will try to send the jobs to the robot during the weekend and update you regarding the result.
Thank you!
(03-20-2024, 10:33 AM)Albert Wrote: Using a compact flash device should work to transfer your JBI program files to the robot controller.

Hi Albert,
I just tried to load the problematic jobs to the controller, and I am receiving Error 3190[4] : Error in job data record.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Thank you for your assistance.

Update : I found the pattern that causes this error.
At the beginning of the program, there are two consequtive C0000 instructions, one in the movl and other in the movc form. Deleting one of them solved my issue.
Thanks!
Thank you for your feedback.

Can you provide us with the RDK project file that created the JBI program with a MOVL followed by a MOVC to the same target?