Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Move base frame to custom frame

Hello. 

I would like to program some trajectories directly with the Polyscope of my UR-5e. The waytpoint values are saved with respect to the frame of the robot's base. Before executing the program, I measure some points of my part and align it with three points, creating my new frame. Is there any method so that the trajectories that I previously program with the Polyscope save them with respect to the new frame that I have created? I always need to align my robot to the part before I start running the program.

Thansk!
I think the fact that your waypoints are saved with respect to the robot base will complexity things a bit.

Is your part always the same but its position changes a bit?
You are only talking about Polyscope, where is RoboDK in your process.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

That's it. The position of the different parts changes only tenths. On this occasion, I would like to program the trajectories directly with Polyscope because I do not have the necessary information to do it with RoboDK.
Thanks.
If you create a program using relative motion with RDK you should be able to simply overwrite the "ref_frame" variable from the .script file.

What post-processor are you using?.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel