Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MoveL error on RunOnRobot

Hello RoboDK team!

I am trying to drive a Staubli robot (CS8c, TX60) using it exclusively in Run On Robot mode for 3D printing. However, I get stuck on the MoveL command.
MoveJ runs flawlessly, looping between two nearby targets, but MoveL no longer. I attach the two rdk files.
The error is as follows. When MoveL is included in the code, the controller stops the robot with a soft limit error. Sometimes the robot starts making strange movements in a completely different direction and then gives the control soft limit reach.
There is no error with the MoveJ command, it runs perfectly.

What could be the problem? I can't figure it out. Would I have overlooked any settings?
Latest version of RoboDK, Staubli CS8C and Staubli VAl3 and Machining post.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,
Eduard

.rdk   Testing_MoveL.rdk (Size: 295.45 KB / Downloads: 265)

.rdk   Testing_MoveJ.rdk (Size: 295.44 KB / Downloads: 225)
What error are you getting from the controller exactly?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. Here is the MCP screen with the error message while I run MoveL command.
The target is reachable by both movej and movel, and it runs on robot while I upload it, but can not when Inseth the run on robot option.

Bests,
Eduard

Dear Jeremy, may I request a feedback on the above post? I want to solve this problem.

Thanks
Eduard
I didn't give you an answer yet, because I don't have one, unfortunately.
We have other users using MoveL with the driver without any issues...

What is your goal, why do you need the driver? Generating programs isn't enough for your application?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Dear Jeremy,

thanks for the answer. The driver needs to send http requests in real time and sync to the devices that are on the robot. Here is a link as it was solved with the same controller and one larger robot.

https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Program-...er-Control

I don't really understand what Patrick did differently. He has not yet received an answer.

Best regards,
Eduard
(01-11-2022, 07:34 PM)Jeremy Wrote: I didn't give you an answer yet, because I don't have one, unfortunately.
We have other users using MoveL with the driver without any issues...

What is your goal, why do you need the driver? Generating programs isn't enough for your application?

Jeremy

I have the same issue on my system.

I have the theory that the setref command is not actually setting the reference frame properly.

So the robot tries to move to the coordinate with its base reference frame instead of the intended reference point.

I'm struggling to figure out how to fix this though.

Now for some reason the robot doesn't perform the weird motion on the MoveL command.
Instead it stops and the connection log shows 
Unexpected RRS Error (-35). Expected status: 0
Hi Phil, 

Does playing with those help in any way?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I had some hope it would, sadly it did not help.

I was sure I got one Linear move to work the other day when I made it use the robots base reference frame.
However today when I created multiple points nest on and in the robots base reference frame, the linear moves resulted in similar behaviour.

Is there a way to see exactly what command is sent to the robot by the driver.
I.e to verify what values are being sent, in case an offset would help, or to determine if a full bug is present in the driver?
Hi Phil, Do you own a professional RoboDK license?

If so, go to "Help"->"Request support" and mention that I'm sending you.
We will see what we can do.

Jeremy