Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Movement type change | Rhino & grasshopper plugins

Currently, I am using Robo-dk to control a Comau Nj60 robot. to export my geometry to Robo-dk I am using the Rhino & grasshopper plugings by robo-dk .

But I do have a question that I tried to look it up in the manual but I couldn't find an answer. 

How can I change the movement type in the robot program for curves exported from rhino to Robo-dk,
how do I change it from linear movement to joint movement? the settings by default for the exported program are always linear! is there is any way to change that? 

you can see in the photo the curves are divided into points by robo-dkand at each point the robot actually decelerate and accelerate again. I would like to mak e the movement along the curve continous

Looking forward for your help,

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Once you have a robot program in RoboDK you can do the following:
  1. Right click the program and select "Show Instructions", if you don't see them
  2. Select all the instructions starting from the first linear movement
  3. Right click and select "Set Joint Movements"

(04-22-2019, 10:15 AM)Albert Wrote: Once you have a robot program in RoboDK you can do the following:
  1. Right click the program and select "Show Instructions", if you don't see them
  2. Select all the instructions starting from the first linear movement
  3. Right click and select "Set Joint Movements"

Thank you, that should work for the movement type,
but what about the points on the curve which the robot decelerat at? can that be controlled also to be removed?
Hi Ammar,

In your "Curve Follow/Machining Project", click "Program Events" and activate the rounding. It will activate the "continuous" motion mode for the robot.
Note that the visual representation in RoboDK won't be affected by that option. In RoboDK the simulation will still decelerate, but on the real robot, the rounding will take effect.

For your other question, Albert showed you how to do it as you asked, but I'm questioning myself as if it's a good solution for you. I have no idea of your level of knowledge in robotics, so excuse me in advance if I'm stating the obvious.
If you use MoveJ in your "Curve Follow Project" nothing guarantees that the tool will follow the green line. It will simply pass from end point to end points (where the white lines - normals - are).
Just be aware that MoveJ can take an unpredictable path between two points.

Have a great day.
Jeremy