Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Obtaining Kinematic matrices for Dobot CR3

Hello RoboDK Community,

I am currently working on a project involving the Dobot CR3 robot arm and RoboDK for kinematic analysis. My goal is to extract the rotation and translation kinematic matrices for all joints of the Dobot CR3 using RoboDK software.

I understand that RoboDK allows for the extraction of kinematic matrices for robots, but I am specifically interested in obtaining these matrices for the Dobot CR3. The Dobot CR3 is a 6-axis robot arm with a payload of 3 kg and a reach of 620 mm, commonly used for applications such as dispensing, remote TCP, and welding 4.

I have been exploring the RoboDK API and documentation, but I am unsure if there is a direct method to extract these matrices for all joints simultaneously. I am particularly interested in the rotation matrix and translation vector for each joint, which I believe can be derived from the forward kinematics (FK) solution provided by RoboDK.

From my understanding, the robot.SolveFK function returns a matrix that contains the pose of the robot, where the first three elements of the last column represent the X, Y, Z positions. The 3x3 matrix (first three columns and first three rows) of this matrix is considered the rotation matrix 1. However, I am not sure if this method accurately represents the rotation and translation for each joint.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or resources on how to extract the rotation and translation kinematic matrices for all joints of the Dobot CR3 using RoboDK. Any help or advice would be invaluable to my project.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Alex Calleja
SolveFK will give you the pose of the robot flange with respect to the robot base. You can optionally pass the tool pose and reference frame pose to calculate the target pose.

If you want to get the poses of all robot joints, the function JointPoses will return a list of poses for all robot links:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/robo...JointPoses

By the way, I'm moving this thread to the RoboDK API section.