Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Onrobot RG2 gripper simulation in RoboDK?

Hi RoboDK. 

So I wanted to look into the library for the RG2 gripper. It was not there. Properly a bit complex parallel gripper to use, but just in case, before I consider trying to model the RG2 gripper... 

Can it be done practically? :) 

From what I see, is that we have for the one of the finger: 1 revolute joint + a driving two-point claw, that I have marked with blue color below.

So... Can this be done or would it be better to just model it like a static parallel gripper, where you don't see the reallife motion, but more the cycle time. 

It there some kind of "linked joint motion" in RoboDK, such that when you move axis 1, the some other axis follows?

(11-26-2022, 07:23 PM)christian.hansen Wrote: Hi RoboDK. 

So I wanted to look into the library for the RG2 gripper. It was not there. Properly a bit complex parallel gripper to use, but just in case, before I consider trying to model the RG2 gripper... 

Can it be done practically? :) 

From what I see, is that we have for the one of the finger: 1 revolute joint + a driving two-point claw, that I have marked with blue color below.

So... Can this be done or would it be better to just model it like a static parallel gripper, where you don't see the reallife motion, but more the cycle time. 

It there some kind of "linked joint motion" in RoboDK, such that when you move axis 1, the some other axis follows?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is not possible to model the moving parts of this gripper unless you make a custom plugin for this purpose. So it would be a bit challenging. We don't have a way to have linked joint motion without a dedicated plugin.