Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PLC Post Processor for a 4 axis mechanism

Hi amazing folks,

I am planning on building a 4 axis robot for a paintline similar to the 3 axis image i have attached. I will simply add another axis to give the head rotation. My question is which PLC can be used with Robodk for the post-processor. I have a Pananasonic PLC here but i noticed there is no post processor for the Panasonic PLC. I am fine to purchase a different one, i just would like to know from experience, which is supported with Robodk.

Thank you in advance.
Mike

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi mikepop,[url=https://robodk.com/forum/User-mikepop][/url]

Thanks for asking question in RoboDK Forum.
Would I make your question clearly?

Now you are building a 4 axis robot and would like to connect with Panasoinc PLC.
You need some connection between the Panasinc PLC and your Project to let RoboDK directly control your System.
Is that Correct?

Would you tell me the PLC model Number?

Thanks,
(03-28-2023, 08:37 AM)Chris Wrote: Hi mikepop,[url=https://robodk.com/forum/User-mikepop][/url]

Thanks for asking question in RoboDK Forum.
Would I make your question clearly?

Now you are building a 4 axis robot and would like to connect with Panasoinc PLC.
You need some connection between the Panasinc PLC and your Project to let RoboDK directly control your System.
Is that Correct?

Would you tell me the PLC model Number?

Thanks,

Thank you Chris,

It would be amazing to be able to use the PLC that i have already. The model is:
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][color=var(--text-color)]AFP0RC32T[/color][/color]

I have attached the spec sheet.

Many thanks
Mike

Hi Chris,

To be exact, i am fine with the PLC running offline but i want to use Robodk to create the path which i can then upload to the PLC to operate as stand alone. I do not need to run the PLC connected to Robodk.

Many thanks
Mike

Attached Files
.pdf   FP0R.pdf (Size: 211.98 KB / Downloads: 158)
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.
I take a look of your Panasonic PLC, it likes a moiton contoller that can operate with the postiioning motion task.
The problem may be, Panasonic may not open many API for this PLC to generate the PLC Code in their format.

For example, if you are using Siemens S7 CPU, Siemens will provide an Opennness API for enginner to generate the hardward configuration and Code without the Enginnering Tools.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. I am not really looking for an API,  i just need the program to be created by Robodk for the post processor and i will upload it to the PLC.

Many thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,

As I replied before, while we need to generate program and upload to robot, we need an "API" or the rules/format of that robot controller ,to understand how to generate our RoboDK program to that controller.

So- If you need to use the post processor to generate the program and upload to panasonic plc,
you need to know "What is the program format of panasonic plc">and then create your own post processor to 
generate the panasoinc plc in it's program format>upload to plc.
Sorry to jump in. Perhaps using a Motion controller that allows you to load and execute g-code would solve and simplify this problem. RoboDK can generate G-code and there is an option to modify the output if needed.
Thanks Sergei

This is perfect and something i will try. There are currently 3 types of GCODE in post-processors. One of them is NCP, which i presume should be ok. The only thing is that motion controllers that run gcode have their own flavors of the gcode and a guess the post-processor will need to be modified accordingly. I was thinking about using a MASSO motion controller as they are nice standalone units. I must admit, i am not extremely comfortable with Python to be able to modify the gcode. Is there a way i can get a post processor that can work with a MASSO with gcode?

Actually, i was wondering whether RoboDK can post process as ST (Structured Text)?

Many thanks
Mike
It's possible to make some adjustments for the Masso motion controllers. As for the ST it's also possible, but it seems that generating g-code is more reasonable.  

We can discuss your project in the detail via e-mail (info@robodk.com)

PS. Just for reference, you can take a look at this 5-axis gantry:

https://robodk.com/robot/Reis/RL130P-CNC