Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paint gun - Circle instead of elipse

Hello everyone,

As the thread subject title sais, I would like to adjust the shape. Can someone guide me on how to do that, please? 
As we speak I am looking for a way to do it. I case you know how and I did not replay back saying I did it, please feel free to guide me.

Cheers,
Ionut
Hi Ionut, 

I never did it but looking at the code for "SprayOn", it seems like just changing the values at lines 134 and 135 and changing the values at lines 139 and 140 should do the trick. 
This is where you have your X and Y values of the Elipse, so if X=Y you should end up with a circle. 

Code:
    # define the ellypse volume as p0, pA, pB, colorRGBA (close and far), in mm
    # coordinates must be provided with respect to the TCP
    close_p0 = [   0,   0, -200] # xyz in mm: Center of the conical ellypse (side 1)
134 close_pA = [   X,   0, -200] # xyz in mm: First vertex of the conical ellypse (side 1)
135 close_pB = [   0,  Y, -200] # xyz in mm: Second vertex of the conical ellypse (side 1)
    close_color = [ 1, 0, 0, 1]  # RGBA (0-1)

far_p0   = [   0,   0,  50] # xyz in mm: Center of the conical ellypse (side 2)
139 far_pA   = [  X,   0,  50] # xyz in mm: First vertex of the conical ellypse (side 2)
140 far_pB   = [   0, Y,  50] # xyz in mm: Second vertex of the conical ellypse (side 2)
    far_color   = [ 0, 0, 1, 0.2]  # RGBA (0-1)

Jeremy