Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Palletizing Plug-In implementation for different pick&place locations

Hello,

How is the updating on the Palletizing Panel / Plug-In? I am having some problem of creating a program that commands a robot to pick (de-palletize) a bunch of parts in a box and place (palletize) them on a table in sequence.

When I am using the palletizing panel, I can only create a program having the "Approaching to targets" and "Moving to targets" for all parts. However, when when I am use the function "Call Pickup Item", it seems to me the the robot always picks the very first item in the nest program but not pick up the rest of items.

I am trying to automatically generate a looping program including: 1) approaching, 2) picking, 3) attaching item, 4) leaving, 5) placing (on a table in sequence), 6) detaching item and 7) leaving for every single item in the box.

So at this stage, do I have to add some commands manually for each item by following above process? Or does the Plug-In already have the function?

Thank you very much,

Ken Tang

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Ken,

We are still improving our palletizing plugin.
The new version is much improved and should be out in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, you actually have to follow the steps you described manually.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you very much Jeremy!

Just wondering, can the improved the plug-in combine both de-palletizing and palletizing processes?
What I mean is, can the robot pick multiple items at non-fixed locations from the pallet and place them in non-fixed locations in one Main program? This feature will be very helpful in assembly work.

Thank you,

Ken Tang
Hi Ken,

I don't think it will be part of the first release, but we a considering it seriously.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel