Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panasonic G3 RPG extention request

I know this wouldn't "solve" the matter, but I would like to leave my two cents on this topic.

DTPS and RoboDK are different beasts. The former is a very specific tool, aimed to a very specific use case. The later is an all-around simulator, aimed to a broader scenario of use cases.

In my experience regarding Panasonic robots, no other simulator besides DTPS itself will generate native .rpg binary files.

Siemens Process Simulate, for example, also generates .crs ASCII files. Sprutcam generates .prg ASCII files that, if I recall correctly, is the format for older G2 controllers and also need to be converted on G2PC Tool before the upload on the controller.

And this workflow isn't particular to Panasonic robots.

Any brand that uses proprietary binary formats will need some kind of workaround to circumvent this.

FANUC also needs Roboguide to convert it's .ls (ASCII) to .tp (binary), in case the robot doesn't have the ASCII Upload option installed.

COMAU doesn't need an special option to read and convert ASCII .pdl files to its binary .cod files. But is a normal workflow use COMAU WinCRC software to convert these files before uploading them to the robot controller and avoid the debug process on teach pendant.
(07-27-2021, 01:17 PM)Albert Wrote: The post processor you are sharing is outdated. You should use the Panasonic_G3_CSR post processor.

RoboDK generates valid ASCII files. However, RoboDK is unable to compile these files. Maybe there is a command line tool to compile files for Panasonic that does not require purchasing DTPS? We can help you automate the compilation of programs in a similar way we did for Fanuc LS to TP files.

Thanks Albert

So the conclusion is roboDK can generate valid ASCII .csr file. But the .csr file can not be used on Panasonic G3 welding robot directly. The file has to be compiled by Panasonic tool to work. I suggest you put this in roboDK help file so potential customers will know Panasonic welding robot is not fully supported yet.

The problem is Panasonic DTPS costs 15k USD in my area. The price is way beyond my budget, as I own one robot for now. RoboDK costs a quarter of DTPS. But I did not expect it does not fully support Panasonic welding robot yet.
Thank you for your feedback. We somehow have a trial version so you can test the software, including program generation.

Have you asked Panasonic about this compilation? They may provide you the compilation tools only and we can integrate the compilation in RoboDK.
Digging on some documentation, I've found a little info about a supposed Panasonic ASCII Binary Translator.

According to this doc, the Product Code is YA-1NPCH1

The doc isn't clear about if this piece of software is DTPS itself, or only a standalone conversion.

If the second option is true, I think this worth a check, because its price should be way cheaper than full DTPS suite.
(07-30-2021, 10:07 PM)massula Wrote: Digging on some documentation, I've found a little info about a supposed Panasonic ASCII Binary Translator.

According to this doc, the Product Code is YA-1NPCH1

The doc isn't clear about if this piece of software is DTPS itself, or only a standalone conversion.

If the second option is true, I think this worth a check, because its price should be way cheaper than full DTPS suite.

I will talk to Panasonic technical support and see how much it costs to have the converter only.

And thanks for last thread on offline robot program conversion convention. Now I have an idea how it works. I agree on DTPS is best option for Panasonic welding robot if price is not an issue.

(07-29-2021, 07:13 PM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback. We somehow have a trial version so you can test the software, including program generation.

Have you asked Panasonic about this compilation? They may provide you the compilation tools only and we can integrate the compilation in RoboDK.

Hi Albert

I am evaluating  roboDK. I have not talked to Panasonic technical support yet. I will let you know if there is any standalone compilation tool available.