Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panasonic G3 RPG extention request

hi 

I have a copy of educational license to work with Panasonic G3 TM-1400.

The problem is the preset post processor Panasonic G3 CSR can generate CSR file only, which the Panasonic robot does not accept. The file has to have RPG extention.

Please advise whether you can send me a copy of the Panasonic G3 RPG post processor or show me how to modify one, thanks.
Hello,

Can you send us an email instead, we will send you the Post Processor.
Here is a link which will help you: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...tProcessor
(07-23-2021, 12:43 PM)Vineet Wrote: Hello,

Here is a link which will help you: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...tProcessor

What is your e-mail?
Hello,

In the top window of RoboDK, you can go to "Help"->"Request support" and send us a message.
(07-23-2021, 04:06 PM)Vineet Wrote: Hello,

In the top window of RoboDK, you can go to "Help"->"Request support" and send us a message.

I clicked Request support and I am directed to the forum page. There is no place to send email or message.

(07-23-2021, 12:43 PM)Vineet Wrote: Hello,

by the way.

https://github.com/ros-industrial/robodk...nasonic.py

I found a post processor here and changed the file extention from .prg to .rpg. Then I have a human readable .rpg file.

As I have tried to copy the roboDK generated code file with an extention .rpg to Panasonic G3 controller. The controller does not accept the file at all. I have searched all over the web and find out the Panasonic .rpg file is proprietary.  The .rpg file copied from the Panasonic controller can not be opened by notepad++.

So the conclusion is roboDK generated code will NEVER work on a Panasonic G3 robot!!!!!????
If you are redirected to the forum when selecting "Help"->"Request supports" it means you don't own a Professional license of RoboDK.
Otherwise, it would redirect you to a prioritized support page.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(07-26-2021, 04:24 PM)Jeremy Wrote: If you are redirected to the forum when selecting "Help"->"Request supports" it means you don't own a Professional license of RoboDK.
Otherwise, it would redirect you to a prioritized support page.

Jeremy

Hi, jeremy

Thanks for the infor.

I still want to confirm whether the professional version will garrantee to work with Panasonic TM-1400 welding robot. 

If that is the case I will purchase a professional license.
Generating the program for Panasonic should work. You should obtain a CSR file that is compatible with your Panasonic robot controller. If the controller does not accept this ASCII file you may need to use G2PC tools (software from Panasonic) to convert the CSR text file to a binary file.

Did you try it with the latest version of RoboDK? You should be able to test it with the trial version.

Let us know if you find any issues.
(07-26-2021, 11:52 PM)Albert Wrote: Generating the program for Panasonic should work. You should obtain a CSR file that is compatible with your Panasonic robot controller. If the controller does not accept this ASCII file you may need to use G2PC tools (software from Panasonic) to convert the CSR text file to a binary file.

Did you try it with the latest version of RoboDK? You should be able to test it with the trial version.

Let us know if you find any issues.

I am using the latest version of roboDK 5.2.4.

TM-1400 comes with G3 controller. I tried with ASCII .rpg file, the controller does not accept at all. 

The file is generated with this post processor. 

https://github.com/ros-industrial/robodk...nasonic.py

I modified the file type from .prg to .rpg as G2 controller works with .prg, while G3 controller  works with .rpg.

I tried to upload the csr file to the G3 controller. The .csr file did not even show in the file system. I will double check today. Panasonic technical support confirmed to me the controller accepts .rpg only. The teaching .rpg file I copied from the controller can not be opened by notepad++. It may be binary or something else.

The question is if roboDK generated code can not be used directly on Panasonic robot, then it is better listed as not fully supported. Panasonic PC Tool comes with DTPS, which is the Panasonic offline programming suite. So what is the point to purchase roboDK if I need DTPS to make roboDK generated code to work on a Panasonic robot.
The post processor you are sharing is outdated. You should use the Panasonic_G3_CSR post processor.

RoboDK generates valid ASCII files. However, RoboDK is unable to compile these files. Maybe there is a command line tool to compile files for Panasonic that does not require purchasing DTPS? We can help you automate the compilation of programs in a similar way we did for Fanuc LS to TP files.