Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Positive MoveJ_Test results in target unreachable

Hi,

I implemented a relative rotation movement (jogging around each x,y,z axis) via Python API. Before each input is actually sent to the robot, I validate the movement via MoveJ_Test. However, for some specific configurations the actual moveJ results in TargetReachError, even though the MoveJ_Test results in 0, which means that the joint move is feasible and free of any other issues. Could it be the case that MoveJ_Test results in valid joint values but still can't be reached? Am I tackling this approach wrongly or doesn't this function include unreachable targets?

My approach:
1) Define the current position in x, y, z, a, b, c with Pose_2_KUKA(tool.PoseWRT(frame))
2) Add the requested jogging values for a, b, c and transform back to pose with KUKA_2_Pose
3) Use robot.Joints() as j1, and SolveIK(newPose) as j2 in MoveJ_Test
4) If valid --> MoveJ

Thank you in advance!
SolveIK requires the pose of the end effector with respect to the robot base (contrary to the active tool with respect to the active reference frame needed by MoveJ, MoveL, setPose commands).
(02-23-2023, 04:10 PM)Albert Wrote: SolveIK requires the pose of the end effector with respect to the robot base (contrary to the active tool with respect to the active reference frame needed by MoveJ, MoveL, setPose commands).

I see, thank you!