Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Post-Processor Online UR

I modified a post processor to do what I need it to do on a UR and linear rail.  However, speed coordination is an issue.  I wanted to see if running it directly on a robot instead of copying the generated script file into a URP program would run any different.  When I connect to the robot it does not send my distance command to the rail that is done through the script created by the post-processor.  Does it run the post processor when running it through the direct connection?  If not how do I edit the apiur file to add the post-processing?
Hi Mike,

The "Run on robot" feature use the selected post processor to send the program to the controller.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
(06-28-2019, 05:37 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Mike,

The "Run on robot" feature use the selected post processor to send the program to the controller.

Have  a great day.
Jeremy

I watched what was sent out with the log under connect robot and none of my custom stuff from the post processor got sent.  All I could see was the move and wait commands in the RoboDK project.  Am I doing something wrong?
Hi Mike,

Did you select your custom post processor before generating/sending the program?
(Right click the program -> select post processor -> URMikeWescott)
I know it's a basic question, but we need to start from there.

Have a good day.
Jeremy
(07-01-2019, 05:24 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Mike,

Did you select your custom post processor before generating/sending the program?
(Right click the program -> select post processor -> URMikeWescott)
I know it's a basic question, but we need to start from there.

Have a good day.
Jeremy

Yes I did I am using my own post processor when I generate the program that I copied over.  I used the same method to select my post processor for that too.  It is a script processor not a URP version does that matter?
You won't be able to reach the level of customization you have with the post processor through the driver. I recommend you to implement the logic driving the external axis in your post processor.
(07-01-2019, 09:31 PM)Albert Wrote: You won't be able to reach the level of customization you have with the post processor through the driver. I recommend you to implement the logic driving the external axis in your post processor.

The logic is in the post processor.  But I need to be able to run the robots from the Software not from the teach pendant.  They are going to import DXF files and will need a way to send them directly to the Robot.  All I want to know at this point is can the software run the program through the post processor and run the robot directly after that.  Right now it looks like when I click Run after connecting to the robot the post processor never runs.  

Also, I was able to connect to the robot on Friday and today I have tried for about 3 hours with no luck.  I tried two different laptops and updated the RoboDK software to 3.8.4 on both.  One laptop is Window 7 pro and the other is Windows 10.  I have disabled everything network related on both laptops and no luck.  Any secret I might be missing.  I attached my program as is if you want to look at it.

Attached Files
.rdk   Linear Rail V2.rdk (Size: 4.46 MB / Downloads: 435)
You should be able to run the program on the robot by selecting Send Program to Robot (Ctrl+F6). This will generate the program and run it on the robot.

Make sure you are connected to the robot and have a local network properly established. You may have to disable the firewall.