Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Predeclare targets as variables in RAPID?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get the post-processor to predeclare the targets when it generates RAPID code for IRC5. I need to import them from RAPID into the station in RobotStudio, and it won't let me do that if each point is declared inline. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Hi RandoRoboto,

Funny you ask as this is a new feature we added at the beginning of the week.
It's still in beta, but it's there.
The only problem is that we have to modify all the post-processor one by one to deal with the new option.
Are you using the standard "IRC5" post-processor? If so I may be able to prioritize this one in particular.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your quick response. Yes, I'm using the IRC5 post-processor -- the one that shows up near the top of the list, not the one with the white icon farther down. Glad to hear it's in the works! Looking forward to it.

-tyler
(11-12-2020, 08:34 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi RandoRoboto,

Funny you ask as this is a new feature we added at the beginning of the week.
It's still in beta, but it's there.
The only problem is that we have to modify all the post-processor one by one to deal with the new option.
Are you using the standard "IRC5" post-processor? If so I may be able to prioritize this one in particular.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Has the predeclaration feature been added? I can't even import code into RobotStudio unless the robtargets are predeclared. Is there any other way to get the targets? Can I export them as a list? I'm trying to get a RhinoCAM .nc file into RobotStudio.

Please let me know, and if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Tyler
Hello Tyler,

We have done the required changes in the ABB Post Processor to have the targets declared as variables. Send us an email and we will send you the Post Processor.
(05-31-2021, 07:16 PM)Vineet Wrote: Hello Tyler,

We have done the required changes in the ABB Post Processor to have the targets declared as variables. Send us an email and we will send you the Post Processor.

Hello Vineet,

do you have a KUKA KRC4 Post Processor too, where you can declare the targets as variables?

Thanks,
Soeren