Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with saving Motoman programs generated by RoboDK

Hi, 

I'm having problems with saving programs generated by RoboDK. There are no problems uploading the programs to the controller, but downloading them is another story, the error shows that "NOT FOUND". I'm using FileZilla to transfer the programs. Moreover, once the programs were uploaded to the controller, I couldn't rename the programs by the controller and delete them by Filezilla. I tried every single post-processor that is related to the Motoman robots but failed. I also tried using your function "transfer program" in RoboDK, but it fail to delete the programs generated earlier in RoboDK to have space for new programs. Everything works fine for the jobs programmed and generated directly on the controller. I'm using Motoman robot MH50, controller DX100.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Not sure that I understand.
Let see if I'm following.
You created a program using RoboDK for your Motoman robot.
You generate the .JBI file and uploaded it on the controller successfully. Are you able to run it?

Then you talk about downloading it. Do you mean extracting the program from the robot and accessing it on your computer?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(08-18-2022, 07:59 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Not sure that I understand.
You generate the .JBI file and uploaded it on the controller successfully. Are you able to run it?

Then you talk about downloading it. Do you mean extracting the program from the robot and accessing it on your computer?

Jeremy
Yes, I generated a .JBI file from a program using RoboDK, uploaded it to the controller by Filezilla, and successfully ran the program. The problem is that I suspect that there is something wrong with the .JBI file generated from RoboDK, because I couldn't rename the job manually using the controller, and I couldn't delete or download it from the controller to the PC using Filezilla. It showed that "550 not found". I can do everything with the program created directly on the controller but not for the one from RoboDK.

I opened the .JBI file of both generated from RoboDK and the controller on the computer to see if there was anything wrong, but there was not much difference between them, but why I couldn't do anything with the one from RoboDK using FileZilla except upload it. I also tried using your RoboDK to transfer the program for testing, but it failed since it couldn't remove the jobs, which were generated earlier from RoboDK and uploaded manually to the controller, for space.

(08-18-2022, 10:42 PM)lehoanganhtai Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 07:59 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Not sure that I understand.

Jeremy
Yes, I generated a .JBI file from a program using RoboDK, uploaded it to the controller by Filezilla, and successfully ran the program. The problem is that I suspect that there is something wrong with the .JBI file generated from RoboDK, because I couldn't rename the job manually using the controller, and I couldn't delete or download it from the controller to the PC using Filezilla. It showed that "550 not found". I can do everything with the program created directly on the controller but not for the one from RoboDK.

I opened the .JBI file of both generated from RoboDK and the controller on the computer to see if there was anything wrong, but there was not much difference between them, but why I couldn't do anything with the one from RoboDK using FileZilla except upload it. I also tried using your RoboDK to transfer the program for testing, but it failed since it couldn't remove the jobs, which were generated earlier from RoboDK and uploaded manually to the controller, for space.

I also forgot to tell you that for a large program when I generated to .JBI file, it will be split into many small subprograms. For example, if there are 10 subprograms, I can only upload 7-8 programs to the controller and with the others, it will fail to transfer. I don't know if there is any difference between those subprograms.

I think you guys should look over it again, maybe there are some bugs for the post-processor of the Yaskawa robots that you missed.

My company is in the progress of completing the purchase procedure of your Twintool and Professional licenses, so it would be great if we can get this fixed soon to integrate your software into our system and promote it to the marketplace immediately as soon as we complete it.

Anh Tai
The Yaskawa/Motoman controller may not allow you to change JBI program names using FileZilla because the header may need to be changed as well. You may have to rename the files directly from the controller. Another option is to delete the JBI files and upload them again.

If the FTP server on the robot controller allows it, RoboDK will replace your existing program by the new one. This may not work if the program is selected or running.

Also, some robot controllers have limited storage capacity and you may not be able to run your programs in one shot, even if you split them in subprograms. We can help you with workarounds such as uploading/deleting programs as you run them. This usually requires an external application taking care of cleaning the memory of the controller (the Fanuc dripfeeder post processor shows this concept).

Can you provide us with more information about your controller limitations and your RoboDK project?
(08-22-2022, 10:45 AM)Albert Wrote: The Yaskawa/Motoman controller may not allow you to change JBI program names using FileZilla because the header may need to be changed as well. You may have to rename the files directly from the controller. Another option is to delete the JBI files and upload them again.

If the FTP server on the robot controller allows it, RoboDK will replace your existing program by the new one. This may not work if the program is selected or running.

Also, some robot controllers have limited storage capacity and you may not be able to run your programs in one shot, even if you split them in subprograms. We can help you with workarounds such as uploading/deleting programs as you run them. This usually requires an external application taking care of cleaning the memory of the controller (the Fanuc dripfeeder post processor shows this concept).

Can you provide us with more information about your controller limitations and your RoboDK project?

Hi Albert,

I didn't receive any notification from the thread, so I'm really sorry for this convenience!

My controller is DX100 and its limitation is below 9999 lines.

I have built an application for memory-cleaning support, so the controller limitation is not my main problem anymore. It works well with all of the .JBI files generated directly from the controller and failed will the those generated from RoboDK. Not exactly all of them, just some of them randomly (without any order) with respect to the maximum lines for each subprogram. For example, if I choose the maximum line for each program is 2000, maybe the 3rd, 6th, 8th, or/and the 11th will fail to upload. If the maximum line is 8000, all of the files will be uploaded successfully except for the last one. I just haven’t figured out the rule for that yet.

And those are successfully uploaded, I am unable to rename or delete them via FTP server or UDP High-speed Ethernet function. The controller can only directly delete them but not rename them.

I tried the programs with and without the external axis. Both happened the same way.

I did find out a solution for those that are successfully uploaded to be renamed and deleted, which is to take a .JBI file generated directly from the controller and empty it, then copy all of the content of the one from RoboDK and paste it into the empty one. Once again, I want to claim that this way only works for those, that are already uploaded successfully to the controller, not for those, which are unable. Despite how many times I tried, once it failed to be uploaded, it will always fail.

So do you have any ideas for that problem?

I couldn't upload my RoboDK project to the thread. The file size seems to be overloaded for the thread.

Anh Tai
Could you send us a sample Yaskawa/Motoman program that works by renaming it from your FTP client and one that doesn't?

Regarding the files that you are unable to upload: could you try loading them manually using a USB drive? You should see a more detailed error message. It could be that you are using a command that does not exist on the robot.

If you can share your RoboDK project file it will help us better understand these issues. If the file you are trying to share is too large you can upload your file here:
https://robodk.com/files/upload/
(08-30-2022, 01:17 PM)Albert Wrote: Could you send us a sample Yaskawa/Motoman program that works by renaming it from your FTP client and one that doesn't?

Regarding the files that you are unable to upload: could you try loading them manually using a USB drive? You should see a more detailed error message. It could be that you are using a command that does not exist on the robot.

If you can share your RoboDK project file it will help us better understand these issues. If the file you are trying to share is too large you can upload your file here:
https://robodk.com/files/upload/

Hi Albert,

Sorry, the method I mentioned, which is to convert the files, doesn't help to rename but to download and delete them, which is my main purpose for drip-feeding programs.

I attached 3 files T1 with the difference is the maximum line of each program that I choose to generate. If you upload them and try deleting them, only the file with 8000 lines won't be able to delete.

There is also a T2 file that is not able to upload, I did try to upload it using USB. It failed and showed error 3190 [4]: "Record on the position data section is wrong for the format".

I have uploaded my project to the link you gave.

I used the program "Moai_statue_1_T1_Horizontal_Roughing" to generate.

It would be great if this problem can be solved soon.

Attached Files
.jbi   T1-5000.JBI (Size: 522.17 KB / Downloads: 152)
.jbi   T1-8000.JBI (Size: 833.22 KB / Downloads: 163)
.jbi   T1-1000.JBI (Size: 102.91 KB / Downloads: 163)
.jbi   T2-1000.JBI (Size: 104.4 KB / Downloads: 172)
I noticed that you have a synchronized external axis with your Yaskawa/Motoman robot but you probably did not provide the pulses/degree ratio. For example, the EC00000=-45 means the pulses/degree ratio is 1 for your external axis which is very rare. We published a new version of RoboDK yesterday that allows you to provide pulses/degree for external axes even when you have the robot synchronized.

Also, depending on how you synchronized your external axis, the movement line may need to be modified. Example:
Code:
MOVL C00169 V=70.0 PL=1  +MOVJ EC00169 VJ=100.00

Could you share a JBI Motoman program file that loaded on your robot without issues?

Also, could you try replacing the dash symbol by an underscore or other character? I'm not 100% sure but the dash could cause additional issues.

Did you properly upload your RDK project file? I'm unable to find it.