Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with different toolpath

Hello,

I am facing an issue with my machining process simulation in RoboDK. According to the videos 1 and 2 you will see (I apologize for the quality), I do not know why with the previous toolpath (Untitled...), it can move along with the frame to the workpiece position, but with the latter one (Machining1), the frame fixes there and it makes the simulation to be wrong, while initially both have the same settings. 

When I tried to replace the toolpath file, the situation is not better as RoboDK announced a fault "The robot cannot reach all targets in the path".

Please help me with this confusion. You can find necessary files attached: 2 videos, 2 pictures showing initial settings, RoboDK file I am working on. Thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   received_752252689698725.mp4 (Size: 708.57 KB / Downloads: 121)
.mp4   received_908497217103669.mp4 (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 124)
.rdk   Machining station_5_machining.rdk (Size: 11.84 MB / Downloads: 163)
You should attach the coordinate system of your APT toolpath to the rail base, not the robot base. Otherwise, your coordinate system moves with the rail.

See attached image and RDK project with this change to make it work.

Attached Files
.rdk   Machining station_5_machining-v2.rdk (Size: 11.84 MB / Downloads: 146)
(04-18-2023, 10:52 AM)Albert Wrote: You should attach the coordinate system of your APT toolpath to the rail base, not the robot base. Otherwise, your coordinate system moves with the rail.

It works now. I am just confused because why the previous toolpath is functional when the frame is still connected to the robot base. However, your information helps me a lot. Thank you very much.
(04-18-2023, 10:52 AM)Albert Wrote: You should attach the coordinate system of your APT toolpath to the rail base, not the robot base. Otherwise, your coordinate system moves with the rail.

I really apologize if this bothers you as maybe I have not understood fully this problem.
It works now in that version. I am just confused because why the previous toolpath is functional when the frame is still connected to the robot base. Can you please help me check the attached simulation as my worry happened again: the simulation still does not work as expected even when tried the same what you showed (the toolpath either stays there, not moving back with the robot; or fixed at the initial position). It makes me think that maybe the settings I change have some issues. Thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Machining station_4_machining.rdk (Size: 16.43 MB / Downloads: 142)