Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Program mirroring

I suggest to add a special function to create a mirroring trajectories and targuets function.
I'm working for an automotive manufacturer and we use this feature for a lot of robotic application.
With these function, not need to create target by target poses for left and right parts...
This feature already exists. You can mirror programs and objects by using the Scale function. You can try it like this:
  1. Select Tools-Run Script
  2. Select ScaleXYZ
  3. Choose the program or object you want to scale.
  4. Enter a per axis scale.
You can enter the value -1 to mirror along a certain axis. You can also customize the behavior of this script using the API.
(11-04-2021, 03:11 PM)Mario69 Wrote: I suggest to add a special function to create a mirroring trajectories and targuets function.
I'm working for an automotive manufacturer and we use this feature for a lot of robotic application.
With these function, not need to create target by target poses for left and right parts...

Our company developed Python scripts that can handle this. It reads in the original target data (children) and robot joint angles, then you select what UF and axis you want to rotate or mirror with respect to, then boom. The scripts generates new targets that are mirrored with respect to the original targets.