Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Programming a sensor in RoboDK

Hello,
I'm building a virtual cell in roboDK with two robots sorting objects of 3 different kinds. They would be recognized with a bar code sensor, which would tell the sorting robot where to place the object (programes for placing the objects are already writen). I tried to add a python program to the object sensor, as in Example-0.6d-Pick and place with laser sensor.rdk, but I could not attach it to the object sensor (in the example the program is the subpart of the object). I intend to program it similar to the example, but have no idea on how to attach or add a program to the object.

Hopefully I managed to present my problem with enough clarity

Thank you for any help that you would be able to provide

Kind regards

Rebeka
Hi Rebeka,

There is a new update in RoboDK available this week that allows you to attach objects to other objects with the event instruction. Is this what you mean? If not, can you share your RDK file to better understand?

Thanks,

Albert
(05-12-2020, 11:13 AM)Albert Wrote: Hi Rebeka,

There is a new update in RoboDK available this week that allows you to attach objects to other objects with the event instruction. Is this what you mean? If not, can you share your RDK file to better understand?

Thanks,

Albert

Hello,
I have no problem in attaching objects together, I forgot the word nesting. I managed to nest the program under the object sensor (program 61), but still have a lot of problems in figuring how to program it. I should recognize which type of object (out of 3 kinds) is infront of it, which i figured can be done with PART_KEYWORD command. The python editor also keeps protesting. I managed to open the editor, but I could not delete or edit in any way. Are there any setting I need to change?
After the sensor recognizes the object, it should tell the robot which object it needs to sort. Preferably it would work with my other non-python programs.

Thanks for the help
Rebeka

Attached Files
.rdk   virtualna_celica_daihen-projekt.rdk (Size: 2.87 MB / Downloads: 533)
Albert just to check regarding the new update in RoboDK available this week, I am currently using V4.2.4. is this the latest version or a new version will be coming up for the new update for the "attach objects to other objects with the event instruction."
Hi Timothy,
It's already there if you download the latest version of RoboDK from our website.

Jeremy