Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pulses per degree Yaskawa

Hi, 

Is it necessary to update the pulses per degree information when using an yaskawa robot in online programming mode or is this something that is just applicable for postprocessing?
You'll need the pulses per degree in most situations.

The only exception where the pulses/degree information is not used is if you generate a JBI program using the Motoman Cartesian post processor and you don't have any joint moves to joint targets.
(06-23-2020, 11:58 AM)Albert Wrote: You'll need the pulses per degree in most situations.

The only exception where the pulses/degree information is not used is if you generate a JBI program using the Motoman Cartesian post processor and you don't have any joint moves to joint targets.

Hi, Albert

Where do I find this information? I read somewhere in the ALL.prm. I am having a very hard time decoding what the different entries mean.
(06-25-2020, 10:26 AM)jonassundseth Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:58 AM)Albert Wrote: You'll need the pulses per degree in most situations.

Hi, Albert

Where do I find this information? I read somewhere in the ALL.prm. I am having a very hard time decoding what the different entries mean.

Using a Yaskawa HC10 with YRC1000.
The ALL.PRM files contains all the parameters related to a Motoman robot.

We were provided this information by Yaskawa/Motoman under an NDA so we can't disclose how to calculate the pulses/degree, however, we can calculate it for you.