Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quantifying liquid being dispensed

Hello, 

I am looking at downloading this software for trial. Before I do I want to know if, based of the robot liquid dispensing example in your website, I could select how much liquid it should dispense to determine if it will dispense the quantity through the path at a certain velocity. Is this possible or what kind of settings can I control?
Hi Manuel,

Hope you are well.
RoboDK mainly manages the robot's motion and velocity.
Apart from that, you can trigger the release of liquid at any given point along the path.
In regard to the actual dispensed volume, it will mainly depend on the type of dispenser you choose and the kind of control linked to it.
You could automate part of that using our API, but we don't have specific features for that. The behavior will vary too much from one dispenser system to another, so you have to build yourself a specific tool if you want to automate it. From my experience, most ppl just tweak the flow "manually" after generating the robot path in RoboDK.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Jeremy,

Is there a particular type of dispenser and control that you recommend I use for this task? My intention is to see if X amount of volume is dispensed at a given velocity. In other words, if I have a linear path of liquid to be dispensed, at a certain velocity, till which point of the path will I run out of liquid.

Do you guys have any tutorials on how to build the specific tool you are talking about?
Hi Manuel,

No, I don't really have any type of dispenser to recommend you. Robot dispensing tooling isn't really my field of expertise.

The distance you will cover with should simply be a relatively simple equation: Volume (ml) / Flow (ml/s) * Speed (mm/s) = Distance (mm)
I first thought you wanted to modify the flow according to the TCP speed.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel