Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Questions about Robot driver - motomanHSE

Hi

There is no response. so i write again.

Both checked and unchecked were tested.

I/O does not turn ON/OFF in real time.

Does the driver support I/O?

For high speed Ethernet, the I/O allocated for each controller series is different.

NX100 network input - 22xxx
DX100 network input - 25xxx
DX200 network input - 27xxx
YRC1000 network input - 27xxx

Attached Files Image(s)

@Phillip should be answering your question really soon as he is the main developer of this driver.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello, sorry for the slow response

Yes the set digital IO on the driver currently does nothing, I would display a message in the log to tell users as such but that would cause the robodk api to break when communicating with the driver.

As you noted, the IO ports don't match across all the robots and to further add complication, if my understanding is correct these IO ports also need to be connected to real IO's in the ladder programmer for setting and reading these IO values to provide anything useful.

Generally we try and make the drivers and post processor behave as interchangeably as possible. I'm open to suggestions on how best to implement this but from my understanding I just use the value the user sets in robodk directly in the function that the motoman HSE manual calls "I/O Data Reading / Writing Command"

Currently I don't have access to a motoman robot and controller to test significant changes to the driver like adding the underlying function for setting and reading a digital output and dynamically changing a tools center point (TCP) but when I do the version number of the driver will read 6.x.x

Phillip
Hello.

Thank you for answer.

Is there currently no way to use it in real time?

If there is a way, please show an example.

Have a nice day.
No, currently there is no way to set digital IO in real time directly for motoman, you could get around it by creating a program on the controller to set the digital IO and then having the robot driver call that program, you need to uncheck the highlighted option in the attached screenshot in robodk's options in order to forward program calls from the driver to the native robot. In this example setIO would be a jbi file on the robot's controller

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)