Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radius tool compensation on RoboDK

Hello,

I am facing an issue within RoboDK  regarding the handling of tool radius compensation in APT code for a KUKA robot. I have generated APT code from TopSolid that includes tool radius compensation. However, when this code is imported into RoboDK, the software does not seem to recognize or apply the tool radius compensation correctly. Despite the APT code containing explicit compensation commands, the simulation and resulting paths in RoboDK fail to reflect this, leading to inaccuracies in the simulated machining process. I am looking for guidance or solutions on how to ensure RoboDK accurately interprets and applies the tool radius compensation as detailed in the APT code to achieve precise and correct robotic machining simulations.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
As specified in the warning message, RoboDK does not apply tool radius compensation. Tool radius compensation is ignored.
Thank you for your answer,
So there is no soution for this problem, we should correct the trajectory manually?
I would recommend you to properly enter the correct tool dimensions with your CAD/CAM software and generate the final toolpath accordingly.
But in my CAD/CAM software, I have the correct tool with the correct dimensions exactly
In this case you can ignore the tool compensation command. I understand this command is used to track usage of the cutting tools which change in shape.
(12-07-2023, 04:09 PM)Albert Wrote: In this case you can ignore the tool compensation command. I understand this command is used to track usage of the cutting tools which change in shape.

Thank you for your response. However, my issue persists: RoboDK does not seem to take into account the tool compensation lines presented in the APT code. As illustrated in the attachment, there are lines indicating tool compensation, yet RoboDK does not appear to factor them in during its operation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RoboDK ignores the CUTCOM command. In other words, the CUTCOM line has no effect in RoboDK.