Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rare MoveL_Test Failure

Hi,

I have the following bit of code for collision checking prior to executing a MoveL command. 

Code:
       num_collisions = self.robot.MoveL_Test(
           current_joints, target, minstep_mm=20
       )
This code has been running super reliably. The robot is not close to a singularity and the move distance is less than 50mm or so. Seemingly out of the blue, the MoveL_Test call failed, returning -1, indicating the robot cant make a linear movement. 
My guess is that for some reason, the robot picked a different joint solution not close to the current configuration. Is there a reason that MoveL_Test only takes a pose but MoveL accepts a list of joint values?  Any other advice on how to debug this / make sure it does not happen moving forward? It would be nice MoveL_Test could take a list of joints that I could validate is close to the current config.
Do you have a .rdk file we could use to replicate the issue?

That would help us help you. 

Quote: Is there a reason that MoveL_Test only takes a pose but MoveL accepts a list of joint values?

Pose or List of joint values doesn't matter here, RoboDK will send it through the forward kinematic anyway to get the Pose. 
A linear motion do not care about configurations. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I am sending it via email, thank you Jeremy