Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reference Frame - Robot machining project - import from Fusion 360

Hi,
I want to import a toolpath and a 3D object  from Fusion360 to robodk.
Therefore I align a reference frame named "Part Frame" with the 3D object at the same position as in Fusion 360 (see screen shots).
In the Robot machining project options I have to choose "Part Frame" as reference to match the toolpath to the part... As soon as I change that, the toolpath jumps to the wrong position.

My robot program however should refer to "Ursprung" as this is our global reference that all the projects should be referenced to.

I can't find a way to genereate the Robot machining Project with respect to the reference frame "Ursprung".
Can someone help?

Of course it would be possible to position the koordinate system in Fusion at the position of "Ursprung" right from the beginning, but when I want to reposition the 3D object in Robodk, I also have to update it in Fusion as well... That would be possible but not a spreamlinde process in my opinion.

Thanks in advance.
Michael
You should be able to specify the name of your coordinate system using the RoboDK settings button in Fusion:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Plugin-Fusion3...AFSettings

You can follow these steps:
  1. Select the RoboDK Settings button in Autodesk Fusion 360
  2. Select the Basic Settings tab
  3. Enter Ursprung in the Reference Name, or whichever reference you prefer
(08-17-2022, 05:19 AM)Albert Wrote: You should be able to specify the name of your coordinate system using the RoboDK settings button in Fusion:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Plugin-Fusion3...AFSettings

You can follow these steps:
  1. Select the RoboDK Settings button in Autodesk Fusion 360
  2. Select the Basic Settings tab
  3. Enter Ursprung in the Reference Name, or whichever reference you prefer

Hi Albert, thanks for your answer.
As far as I can see this has no effect on the robot program itself but only on the position where the toolpath is located after import.
I want to generate the robot program with respect to an other Ref Frame than the .nc file refers to.
Any other solutions?
It is currently not possible to refer to a reference frame by ID or name from your NC program file. You could link to your reference using the plugin as I mentioned, you can also do that using the API or via command line option.

If you need to link to it from your NC file and you have a professional RoboDK license you can contact us at info@robodk.com so we can try to include this feature.