Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rhino auto setup not functioning properly

Hello all,

I have been having issues with RoboDK recently where I try to import curves from Rhino 7 on a windows 10 computer into RoboDK thru the Auto Setup function. However, it will import all the curves but only automatically place the tool path for one or a few of the curves instead of all placing tool paths on all the lines. 

Manually setting the tool paths thru utilities and "curve follow project" has been arduous and more work than it is worth, but has been the method to overcome this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
If the lines aren't connected, this will happen. 

One way to mitigate that is through the API. 
You can write a very quick and small script that will pick all the lines from an object and select them in the Curve Follow Project. 

Here's the 3 lines macro you need. 
You just need to change the name of the object and curve follow project to fit your need. 

Hope it helps. 
Jeremy

Attached Files
.py   SetMachining.py (Size: 596 bytes / Downloads: 268)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-19-2021, 03:16 PM)Jeremy Wrote: If the lines aren't connected, this will happen. 

One way to mitigate that is through the API. 
You can write a very quick and small script that will pick all the lines from an object and select them in the Curve Follow Project. 

Here's the 3 lines macro you need. 
You just need to change the name of the object and curve follow project to fit your need. 

Hope it helps. 
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your response! However, in the past we never had to use connected lines as it was working on these surface contours and RoboDK was able to auto generate these tool paths. I attached a photo below of an exmpale I did today that shows it working without any lines being connected. 

In the next photo with the scribbled circle, all the curves are connected however, only one toolpath is autogenerated. I'm not sure why this was happening, because earlier it was still working and now it is not auto generating the paths. The normals are being shown, however they are not generating the tool paths which we have been able to run on the reobot before with no issues.

Thank you for your assitance!
There's nothing attached.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I was exploring some functionality of RoboDK while I was preparing a new set of training video and I discovered a feature that could solve your issue.

If you go to "Select curve", right-click any selected curve, and press "Select next" it will select all curves of the same object.
I feel like the naming is misleading, but it should do the trick.

You can also use the "auto select all curves", but this one behaves differently and will be linked to the "Settings" button you see on the left.

Jeremy