Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK and Fieldbus connection

Greetings,

I have a question about the Staubli CS8C controller: Can communication via Profibus-DP card be possible with RoboDK software? I would send and receive an analog signal with a PLC.

Thanks,
Eduard Sik
You should be able to connect a generic board of inputs/outputs to the Staubli CS8 robot controller. You can also customize the name of your board in the post processor.

For example, if you are using the Staubli VAL3 post processor you should look for the variable IO_BOARD_NAME (which is set to BasicIO-1 by default).
Thank you Albert, I found this option in post processor, but can it work on a third party Io card? i have installed a molex profibus card and connected to a PLC. It will be very handy if i can use the PLC inputs and outputs.
You should be able to configure a third party IO card. I've hear a customer was able to do this because we had to add this option in the post processor. I'm not sure how this needs to be configured in the Stäubli controller though.
(01-02-2022, 07:16 PM)Albert Wrote: You should be able to configure a third party IO card. I've hear a customer was able to do this because we had to add this option in the post processor. I'm not sure how this needs to be configured in the Stäubli controller though.

Thanks Albert, helpful information. We can do this, to add to post. 
Could you please share the precompiled prosts (Staubli Val3, machining and slimplified)? 

Thanks a lot.
Eduard
You can send us an email at info@robodk.com asking for these posts and we'll provide them to you.