Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
RoboDK application not starting correctly
#1
I am a new user to RoboDK and I am experiencing some issues that I believe are software errors.

Dell: M4600 Precision Laptop
OS: Windows 7 64-bit edition
CAD: Autodesk Inventor 2021 Build 289, Release 2021.2
RoboDK V5.2.0 (64 Bit)
 
I followed the documentation and online examples for creating a project. Once I started the project, I renamed the station and saved the project as PMAI56_Automation_1_2_2021.rdk. I loaded in a robot and some step files to create the automation project. After working with frames and targets, I saved the project and closed the application. I started having problems when started the application again. I clicked on the file “PMAI56_Automation_1_2_2021.rdk” in the windows explorer to start the application, what was strange, two instances of the application started; the first instance had a new station (1) and my project in the project tree. When I clicked on the station (1) project, there was a Mecademic robot selected with a chip8 emulator. I know these objects where not in my file when I saved it. In addition to my project being modified, the second instance of RoboDK had the new station (1) project with the same Mecademic robot and chip8 emulator loaded.

Not knowing what happened, I closed both instances of the RoboDK application and tried just starting the application from the Windows start menu. I clicked on the RoboDK application, again, two instances of the program started. This time on the first instance there was a new station (1) with the Mecademic robot and the chip8 emulator selected, the second instance has the same Mecademic robot and Chip8 emulator loaded except in this project the robot seems to be running a motion profile based off the Chip8 emulator; again, I am only starting the application.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
#2
We look forward to fixing this issue as soon as possible. I recommend you to try again by resetting the default RoboDK settings using this method:
  1. Close RoboDK
  2. Double click this file:
    C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Set-Defaults.bat
  3. Start RoboDK and try to reproduce the issue.
If the issue persists, to debug this issue better it would help if you can follow these steps:
  1. Close RoboDK
  2. Start RoboDK by double clicking this file:
    C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Debug.bat
  3. Rproduce the problem in RoboDK until it crashes.
  4. Right after the crash, provide me with the following file:
    C:/RoboDK/bin/RoboDK.debug.txt
It would also help if you can send the RoboDK project file (RDK file).
  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)