Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK crash when click generate robot program

I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the latest version.

Can you confirm if you are using the latest version?
Can you try using the default settings?

Select Tools-Options and click on Set default settings.
(02-02-2024, 10:52 AM)Li Chenglin Wrote: When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment

After I adjusting my python program and regenerating robot code many times, I find that RoboDK will crash once involved points in my python file more than about four hundreds.

However, this crash has never happened before, even though my Python program involves more than a thousand points. It can geneate the robot code every time as long as I activate my license

The changes mainly involves following two things:
  • First is that I renew my license to two years
  • Second is that I checked the Controller kinematics as the default kinematics. However, I tried uncheck , still not work.
Also. I tried to update my RoboDK software to the newest version or reinstall it. still not work.

Please help me to solve the BUG. This function of robot code generation is very very important to my PhD thesis.

Looking forward to your solutions!

(02-29-2024, 09:13 AM)Albert Wrote: I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the latest version.

Can you confirm if you are using the latest version?
Can you try using the default settings?

Select Tools-Options and click on Set default settings.
Hi Albert,
I reinstalled RoboDK from offical webpage(version 5.6), and set the defulat setting, the old .py programe is not causing crash anymore. 

However, When I add the point number in .py programe file over than 800 points, roboDK crashs again when I want to generate the robot programe. Please find the problem project and .py file in attachments. I hope you can reproduce the crash problem.

Attached Files
.rdk   One printer UR10.rdk (Size: 2.57 MB / Downloads: 44)
.py   Prog0_UR10.py (Size: 5.4 KB / Downloads: 35)
We just fixed this issue. Generating programs should not crash by reinstalling the latest version of RoboDK v5.7.0:
https://robodk.com/download

This issue was specific to your license not allow generating large programs. Make sure to setup your license properly.
(02-02-2024, 10:52 AM)Li Chenglin Wrote: When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment

After I adjusting my python program and regenerating robot code many times, I find that RoboDK will crash once involved points in my python file more than about four hundreds.

However, this crash has never happened before, even though my Python program involves more than a thousand points. It can geneate the robot code every time as long as I activate my license

• Second is that I checked the Controller kinematics as the default kinematics. However, I tried uncheck , still not work.
Also. I tried to update my RoboDK software to the newest version or reinstall it. still not work.

Please help me to solve the BUG. This function of robot code generation is very very important to my PhD thesis.

(03-03-2024, 07:23 PM)Albert Wrote: We just fixed this issue. Generating programs should not crash by reinstalling the latest version of RoboDK v5.7.0:
https://robodk.com/download

This issue was specific to your license not allow generating large programs. Make sure to setup your license properly.

Thank you very much. I tried this new version.

However, for educational licenses, it only supports scripts that generate no more than 1000 lines of code. Unfortunately, the fixed header line occupies more than 100 lines and each waypoint requires two lines. Therefore, the maximum number of waypoints supported by the generation function is effectively limited to 400 lines, which is too few for typical applications and unfriendly towards educational licenses considering we still pay €150/year for this license.

Therefore, I highly suggest enlarging the line limit for educational licenses (such as increasing it to 5000 lines) for fully considering the general needs of educational users. This is because the cost of a professional license is simply too expensive for college students. If this line limit in post-processing cannot be negotiated, we will have no choice but to stop using RoboDK.

Thank you very much and looking forwar to your rely.
Thank you for your feedback.

Did you properly setup your license? If so, it is better if you can contact us by email and mention this thread. We can easily find a solution for you.

Also, I believe your program was under 1000 lines. I believe this issue is because a Free license was used.

(03-07-2024, 07:33 AM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback.

Did you properly setup your license? If so, it is better if you can contact us by email and mention this thread. We can easily find a solution for you.

Also, I believe your program was under 1000 lines. I believe this issue is because a Free license was used.

Hi Albert,

Thanks a lot for your help. I am currently using the educational license. The program I mentioned is not an uploaded file, but rather a layer trajectory sliced from a cube-shaped part for 3D printing.