Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK crash when click generate robot program

When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment

After I adjusting my python program and regenerating robot code many times, I find that RoboDK will crash once involved points in my python file more than about four hundreds.

However, this crash has never happened before, even though my Python program involves more than a thousand points. It can geneate the robot code every time as long as I activate my license

The changes mainly involves following two things:
  • First is that I renew my license to two years
  • Second is that I checked the Controller kinematics as the default kinematics. However, I tried uncheck , still not work.
Also. I tried to update my RoboDK software to the newest version or reinstall it. still not work.

Please help me to solve the BUG. This function of robot code generation is very very important to my PhD thesis.

Looking forward to your solutions!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   UR5 Sim.rdk (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 48)
.py   Prog0_UR5.py (Size: 2.29 KB / Downloads: 54)
You are not using the setPos and transl functions properly. You should apply the following edits:
  1. setPos accepts a 3D list. Example: target_ref.setPos([355.48, -487.43, 53.20])
  2. transl requires 3 parameters. Example: transl(1, 0, 0)
The crash still happens. We'll try to fix it in a timely manner. 

However, the crash happens when you try to generate programs while moving to a non rechable target. I would recommend you first to validate what is the correct movement you can do while simulating, then, adjust your program so all targets are reachable.
(02-02-2024, 10:52 AM)Li Chenglin Wrote: When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment
After I adjusting my python program and regenerating robot code many times, I find that RoboDK will crash once involved points in my python file more than about four hundreds.
However, this crash has never happened before, even though my Python program involves more than a thousand points. It can geneate the robot code every time as long as I activate my license
  • Second is that I checked the Controller kinematics as the default kinematics. However, I tried uncheck , still not work.
Also. I tried to update my RoboDK software to the newest version or reinstall it. still not work.
Please help me to solve the BUG. This function of robot code generation is very very important to my PhD thesis.

(02-02-2024, 12:29 PM)Albert Wrote: You are not using the setPos and transl functions properly. You should apply the following edits:
  1. setPos accepts a 3D list. Example: target_ref.setPos([355.48, -487.43, 53.20])
However, the crash happens when you try to generate programs while moving to a non rechable target. I would recommend you first to validate what is the correct movement you can do while simulating, then, adjust your program so all targets are reachable.

Sorry, I ignored the reachability in Prog0_UR5 because I thought it was simple enough to demonstrate the problem. I created it specifically to showcase the crash issue while disregarding the reachability problem. 

For my own program, please find attached Prog0.py. I have simulated it multiple times and ensured that all path points are reachable. However, roboDK still crashs when involved points more than 250.

(02-02-2024, 12:29 PM)Albert Wrote: You are not using the setPos and transl functions properly. You should apply the following edits:

Besides, I also followed your advices to revise the Prog0_UR5.py. as shown in attached image. I also did a simulation to ensure that all points are reachable. The robot successfully completed the intended path as shown in attached II. 

Unfortunately, When I use the generate robot code function, the roboDK will still be stuck for a moment and then crash. 

Please help to solve these problems. Thank your very much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

.py   Prog0.py (Size: 4.53 KB / Downloads: 43)
.rdk   UR5 Sim.rdk (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 47)
.rdk   UR5 Sim_with_Prog0_UR5.rdk (Size: 2.19 MB / Downloads: 58)
.py   Prog0_UR5.py (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 44)
Hi Albert,

Kindly find my forementioned problems and files to help me to solve the crash bug. T_T

This function is very important to me to generate my robot code! Thanks very much
Thank you for such a detailed report of this bug. We'll be fixing it in the next few days, I'll keep you posted.
Hi Albert and Li,

I noticed your post and I'm curious because we are experiencing a similar issue right now. We recently got a new Alienware laptop with a core i9 processor (13rd gen) and an RTX4070 graphics card to use with UR10.

I tried running an old RoboDK file on it, and the simulation worked fine. However, RoboDK shuts down after trying to generate the program. This same file ran smoothly on two older Alienware laptops with i9 (12th gen)processors and RTX3080 graphics cards.

After reading other posts, I suspect the problem might be related to the graphics card driver. I've already attempted to address it by downgrading RoboDK from version 5.6.8 to 5.6.3 to match the other laptops. I also installed the latest Nvidia RTX4070 driver, but the issue persists.

Please keep us updated if you find a solution.
Best regards,

Tran Dang
University of Technology Sydney
Can you share the RDK project file and the steps to reproduce this bug? I believe your crash is not related to the same crash brought up earlier in this thread.
Kindly enquiry the process of fixing crash bug
I've been unable to reproduce this crash with the latest version.

Can you provide us with the steps to reproduce this issue with the latest version?
(02-02-2024, 10:52 AM)ickLi Chenglin Wrote: When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment

(02-25-2024, 06:54 PM)Albert Wrote: I've been unable to reproduce this crash with the latest version.

Can you provide us with the steps to reproduce this issue with the latest version?

Hi Albert,
I upload the video to show the process of how robodk crask once I click generate robot programe button.And importantly, I firstly click the Run python script button, and the Prog0_UR10 can successfully run to end. However, once I click  Generate robot programe or Upload to robot, RoboDK will crash directly.

(02-02-2024, 10:52 AM)Li Chenglin Wrote: When I want to generate the robot code running in controller based on a imported python program. as shown in attached Fig 1.  RoboDK will crash. Note that my python prog can running sommthly by right clicking Run python Script in RoboDK software environment

(02-25-2024, 06:54 PM)Albert Wrote: I've been unable to reproduce this crash with the latest version.

Please find project files in attachments and video recording crash in the previous reply

Attached Files
.mp4   202402282141.mp4 (Size: 12.36 MB / Downloads: 33)
.py   Prog0_UR10.py (Size: 5.39 KB / Downloads: 34)
.rdk   One printer UR10.rdk (Size: 2.57 MB / Downloads: 40)