Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RoboDK not Working in Online Mode with Fanuc Robot

Question 
I am having a continuous problem with Online Programming my Fanuc CR-15IA. I can send it movement commands from RDK, but RDK is unable to know when those movements are finished, and so just rushes to the next command immediately before movement is complete.
This happens even with special updated drivers I was supplied on here that I was indicated would fix this problem. I am hoping to find a resolution to this as for my specific needs, I would really like to be able to synchronously move the robot and execute commands while doing online programming as part of a full program in the UI.
Hi Alec,

Did you update RoboDK? Make sure to update RoboDK to the latest version if you use the latest version of the Fanuc driver.

Also, do you have a rounding instruction? This may create this buffering effect.

It would help if you can send us the RDK file you are testing to better take a look at this issue.
(03-10-2021, 09:36 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Alec,

Did you update RoboDK? Make sure to update RoboDK to the latest version if you use the latest version of the Fanuc driver.

Also, do you have a rounding instruction? This may create this buffering effect.

It would help if you can send us the RDK file you are testing to better take a look at this issue.

Okay, so I just got back to this project again, and I am still stuck. I have the most up-to-date version of RoboDK, I have the drivers loaded on the robot, and still it fails to run one movement smoothly after the other.

Here is the RDK project file I am using.
Hi Alec,

I'm sorry for the late reply. We realized that the rounding won't work with the Fanuc controller and the current RoboDK version as the robot movements have to be done via a TP program called from Karel code. So rounding won't work for two separate programs.

@Phillip will be working to improve this in the next 2 weeks and we'll implement a circular buffer. It is better if you contact us by email so we can make sure it works for your project.

Thank you,

Albert
(04-21-2021, 05:29 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Alec,

I'm sorry for the late reply. We realized that the rounding won't work with the Fanuc controller and the current RoboDK version as the robot movements have to be done via a TP program called from Karel code. So rounding won't work for two separate programs.

@Phillip will be working to improve this in the next 2 weeks and we'll implement a circular buffer. It is better if you contact us by email so we can make sure it works for your project.

Thank you,

Albert

Hi, I have the exact same problem, tell me how to solve it? The latest version of the driver is from February 16, 2021, maybe somewhere there is a newer version?