Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robodk for all robot brands

Hi, I see that Robodk is advertised as available for all brands of robots, looking at the list of robots there is 50+ of them. My question would be if my robot isn't listed is it still possible to use Robodk? 

The robot I have is a Chinese brand, approx 2 years old and operates with a teach pendant only, it is 6 axis with 2 additional axis (linear track and rotating chuck). The robot works fine without any issues, just would like to upgrade it to being able to do offline programming for the more complex jobs, which currently I aren't able to do. It uses a BETRUN brand of controller & teach pendant. I would be happy if I could just use only the 6 axis without the additional 7th & 8th axis.

If anyone has any experience with using a non-listed robot brand or can advise me of what info I would need to get to be able to use Robodk it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards
Terry
Hi lasercladding,

If you have the 3D model and know the DH parameters of the robot, you can create it using the create mechanism option in RoboDK.
RoboDK allow the creation of robots with standard or collaborative kinematics for up to 7 axis.
You can also synchronize external axes with your robot.

Let me know if you need any help creating your robot in RoboDK.

As for the offline programing, this would require a post-processor that can generate codes for your specific controller. 
It is possible to make your own if you know how to program in Python. 

Olivier
(04-01-2021, 02:40 PM)Olivier Wrote: Hi lasercladding,

If you have the 3D model and know the DH parameters of the robot, you can create it using the create mechanism option in RoboDK.
RoboDK allow the creation of robots with standard or collaborative kinematics for up to 7 axis.
You can also synchronize external axes with your robot.

Let me know if you need any help creating your robot in RoboDK.

As for the offline programing, this would require a post-processor that can generate codes for your specific controller. 
It is possible to make your own if you know how to program in Python. 

Olivier

Hi Oliver, thanks for the helpful info and offer with assistance creating the robot. Robodk sounds like a possibility. So to tackle the more difficult part first, unfortunately I don't know how to program with Python. I guess I would need to know what programming / operarting language the robot uses to be able to have a computer communicate with the robot controller? 

Would that be the first step to find out?

I think the robot is an "LBBBD" brand as they make robots and the servo motors and drivers are LBBBD brand, it was sold new but un-branded by a reseller.

Thanks & regards 
Terry