Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robot Kinematic Parameter

Dear support team,

in our company we have a customized Comau robot where the controller is from Siemens. At this moment the generated values under "Tool Frame with respect to Reference Frame" in RoboDK do not match the values shown on the real robot (translational part is correct but rotational part not). I have tried all configurations (Fanuc, Stäubli, ABB, etc ) on the list but none of them is correct. So I would like to ask how can I configure it myself? Which information is needed from the Siemens transformation in order to do this configuration?
Thank you very much in advance!

best regards
Jun
Hi Jun,

Could you give us a bit more info here.
What Comau model are you using?
What joint values are you at?
What do you see in RoboDK (position)?
What do you see on the controller (position)?
Can you join your .rdk station to that thread?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Comau model I am using is: Comau Smart5 NJ 110-3.0

As an example at Position1:
Joint values:
A1 66.891
A2 -14.106
A3 -129.096
A4 -34.662
A5 -44.225
A6 -2.541

Controller position(Robot flange with respect to robot base):
X 541.854
Y -1482.024
Z 1206.649
A -89.618
B 0.262
C -118.736

The RoboDK position I have made a screenshot in the attachment.
The station also I have included in the attachment.

I think I did not setup RoboDK correctly due to lack of understanding, so please help me on this. 
Thank you very much!

best regards
Jun

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   JunTestStation.rdk (Size: 2.65 MB / Downloads: 393)
Hi Jun, 

First, if you use the base of your turntable as the active reference frame and a TCP = [0,0,0,0,0,0] you end up with the same cartesian values you found on your controller. 
For the rotation representation, it will depend on which flavor of Euler angles Siemens decided to use. Could be X,Y,Z or X,Y',Z'' or Z,Y',X'' or ... there is many possible combinations. 

It can also be that the robot controller considers a rotation of your external axis base or something like that. 
Can you pull out from the controller the known position and rotation of the external axis? If so, what does it look like?

Setting up an external axis in a way that the virtual world matches the real world can be a bit tricky at first. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

nice post
Hi Jeremy,

ok thank you so much for your info, I will try and see.

best regards
Jun