Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RobotIQ controller through RoboDK

Hello Jeremy,

I tried the above steps that was mentioned in this thread. When I tried to Run the program it displayed "No connection could be made because the target machine is actively refusing it"

I have also attached a image of the message. Please let me know if I can do something to successfully control the gripper.

P.S: I have connected the UR 5 cobot with RoboDK and I'm not able to control the Robotiq Gripper 2F - 85 type.

Thanks in advance!!
(08-23-2021, 02:17 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Important:
For the RobotiQ gripper to work using the driver as described in this email, make sure to use the same file I sent on May 25th:
  1. You can take the following script file:
    https://robodk.com/files/upload/progrobodk-rq.zip
  2. And unzip the progrobodk.script file here:
    C:/RoboDK/bin/progrobodk.script
  3. Make sure to restart the driver if it was running (double click Disconnect, then, Connect).
Keep an eye on the UR logs to see if anything fails on the robot side as well.

Hi Jeremy,
The link to the progrobodk-rq.zip  file is dead. Could you please send it again ?
Thanks a lot.
Luc
(10-01-2021, 09:34 PM)Midhun Ram Wrote: Hello Jeremy,

I tried the above steps that was mentioned in this thread. When I tried to Run the program it displayed "No connection could be made because the target machine is actively refusing it"

I have also attached a image of the message. Please let me know if I can do something to successfully control the gripper.

P.S: I have connected the UR 5 cobot with RoboDK and I'm not able to control the Robotiq Gripper 2F - 85 type.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi @Midhun Ram
Did you manage to connect the gripper ? I am facing the same problems.
If you have the driver, dou you mind sharing it because the links provided by @Jeremy and @Albert are not working.
Thx
Best wishes
I have a UR3 arm with a CB3 series controller and a RobotiQ Hand-E Gripper that I'd like to operate from the UR controller.
URcaps : Robotiq_Gripper ver 1.8.11.21258
URSoftware : 3.15.8.106339
My Windows Firewall is disabled

I am trying to operate the RobotiQ gripper directly from RoboDK using the driver.

I found and installed your driver : progrobodk.script
and followed the steps as per required :
2. Unzip the progrobodk.script file in C:/RoboDK/bin/progrobodk.script
3. Make sure to restart the driver if it was running (double click Disconnect, then, Connect).
4. Select Tools-Options-Drivers
5. Uncheck the option: Manage program calls with RoboDK when connected to a robot

However, when I try to connect to the UR3 robot I keep having the same error :  'set_tool_communication' is not supported by this robot !

Could you please help me on that?
Luc
Hello Jeremy,

I have a UR5 with a Hand-E gripper. I saved the progrobodk.script under bin, but I have no clue how to use it to activate and open the gripper. Could you please give me a hint?

Cheers,
Samira
Hello again,

I used this tutorial:
https://robodk.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=2663

but get this message on my polyscope:
Set-tool_communication is not supported by this robot.

Is there a solution? I have a CB series.

Regards,
Samira

(09-13-2022, 09:01 AM)Luc Marechal Wrote: I have a UR3 arm with a CB3 series controller and a RobotiQ Hand-E Gripper that I'd like to operate from the UR controller.
URcaps : Robotiq_Gripper ver 1.8.11.21258
URSoftware : 3.15.8.106339
My Windows Firewall is disabled

I am trying to operate the RobotiQ gripper directly from RoboDK using the driver.

I found and installed your driver : progrobodk.script
and followed the steps as per required :
2. Unzip the progrobodk.script file in C:/RoboDK/bin/progrobodk.script
4. Select Tools-Options-Drivers
5. Uncheck the option: Manage program calls with RoboDK when connected to a robot

However, when I try to connect to the UR3 robot I keep having the same error :  'set_tool_communication' is not supported by this robot !

Could you please help me on that?
Luc

Same here!!
Hi Samira,

Like me, you may have an older versions that don't have the tool communication you should use this attached file version of the progrobodk.script

.zip   progrobodk-rq-no-tool-com_2022.zip (Size: 5.31 KB / Downloads: 140)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)