Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rotation Vectors Not Matching UR's Rotation Vectors

I am using the C# API, and am stopped dead in my tracks right now because the Cartesian positions I pull from the API do not match what I see in the GUI. I am currently using a UR20, and can get the correct joint positions, X, Y, and Z positions, but I can't get the right RX, RY, and RZ positions. I see Cartesian values of (190.4mm, -959.2mm, 531.5mm, 0.974deg, 180deg, 0deg) in the "Tool Frame with respect to Reference Frame" section in the GUI when set to UR Degrees, but when I try to pull them I get the Staubli/Mecademic values of (190.4mm, -959.2mm, 531.5mm, -180deg, 0deg, -179.38deg) both in my code I wrote and the RoboDK C# API example.

I tried using the functions .ToUR() (190.4mm, -959.2mm, 531.5mm, -19.76deg, 182.60deg, 0deg)
and .ToXYZRPW() (190.4mm, -959.2mm, 531.5mm, 180deg, 0deg, 179.38deg)
on the Staubli/Mecademic pose I pull off to no avail.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in either the setup in my RoboDK file, or missing a command in the API?

Thanks for the help, and let me know if I need to send anything else.
Good point, the math used to calculate poses from/to XYZUVW in UR format was not correct in the C# API as it was using Euler angles instead of the UVW rotation vector. We just updated the C# API to have the correct math (matching the Python API math).

It should work now, let us know if you still have issues.
(03-05-2024, 05:45 PM)Albert Wrote: Good point, the math used to calculate poses from/to XYZUVW in UR format was not correct in the C# API as it was using Euler angles instead of the UVW rotation vector. We just updated the C# API to have the correct math (matching the Python API math).

It should work now, let us know if you still have issues.

Thanks a bunch! I'm very new to robotics, so I want to make sure I have this correct - I called the ToUR() function on the given pose and converted the radians to degrees, but they still weren't right as I got .618deg (RX, actual=0.974deg) and 114.586deg (RY, actual=179.997deg). Out of curiosity I checked them against the expected answers and got they were both off by a factor of PI/2, so I "corrected" them and got the right rotation vectors. Is this how the function is intended to perform?
Thank you for your feedback. Those functions use or require the angle data to be in radians. The C# functions should match the result you obtain from the Python API.

Did you convert them to degrees by multiplying by 180 and dividing by pi/2 ?
If not, how did you convert them to degrees?