Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Run a program on the robot's controller

Hi,

I'm using a Yaskawa robot and I'm trying to run a .JOB file that is located on the YRC1000 using the .RunInstruction('job_name') method of a robot item. In fact, in the first iteration I also succeeded but what happens next is a bit problematic - it seems that after I call the desired .JOB, once I try to call a different .JOB file using the same procedure the previous job gets called again...I don't understand why that is.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
My guess is that the driver does not correctly detect the end of the program executing? Are you connected to the robot via serial or ethernet?
(12-19-2023, 02:43 PM)Phillip Wrote: My guess is that the driver does not correctly detect the end of the program executing? Are you connected to the robot via serial or ethernet?

The PC is connected to the robot's controller via ethernet.
Yeah, I see why now, the code to run a program always returned an error because the implementation was never verified, if it works on the first iteration I'll have it return success. Attached is a modified version of the driver that should have the bug fixed, if you confirm that it works as intended we'll include with the next release of robodk.

You can manually update the driver by extracting the attached file and placing it in C:\RoboDK\api\Robot and overwriting the existing file.

Attached Files
.zip   MotomanHSE484.zip (Size: 38.33 KB / Downloads: 73)
(12-21-2023, 09:00 PM)Phillip Wrote: Yeah, I see why now, the code to run a program always returned an error because the implementation was never verified, if it works on the first iteration I'll have it return success. Attached is a modified version of the driver that should have the bug fixed, if you confirm that it works as intended we'll include with the next release of robodk.

You can manually update the driver by extracting the attached file and placing it in C:\RoboDK\api\Robot and overwriting the existing file.

Hi, so I've managed to test the proposed patch but unfortunately it's still not working properly - no matter what .JOB file name I give the .RunInstruction command, the initial .JOB that was run at the start is the one to be executed again.
(01-22-2024, 12:07 PM)Meir Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 09:00 PM)Phillip Wrote: Yeah, I see why now, the code to run a program always returned an error because the implementation was never verified, if it works on the first iteration I'll have it return success. Attached is a modified version of the driver that should have the bug fixed, if you confirm that it works as intended we'll include with the next release of robodk.

Hi, so I've managed to test the proposed patch but unfortunately it's still not working properly - no matter what .JOB file name I give the .RunInstruction command, the initial .JOB that was run at the start is the one to be executed again.

I've attached a new iteration, I find it strange it only runs the same job again, I added code to make the driver wait until the programs move completed to see if this resolves the issue.

Attached Files
.zip   MotomanHSE485.zip (Size: 38.35 KB / Downloads: 51)
Hi, Unfortunately it's still not working.
Can you contact us through our contact form and mention this thread? We can setup a web conference call to solve this issue:
https://robodk.com/contact