Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Run on robot is not the same as Sending the program to the robot

for example if i have 3 tagets in a program that are each in MoveL() and i run it as 'run on robot' the targets are reached while if i try to send that same program to the robot the points are shifted for a few milimeters which in my application is a big diffrence... can someone explain why the are targets shifted when i send the program to robot.

best regards
Can you share your RDK project file?

You should make sure you setup the base frame and tool frame for each program before any movements.

Also, different post processors have different behaviors depending on how the controller deals with Joint targets and Cartesian targets.
(07-20-2023, 10:12 AM)Albert Wrote: Can you share your RDK project file?

You should make sure you setup the base frame and tool frame for each program before any movements.

Also, different post processors have different behaviors depending on how the controller deals with Joint targets and Cartesian targets.

i have sent the project below, focus on program named 'PROGRAM',  i have a few random things in the project for testing and such things, im using Universal robots post processor, if the problem is with post proccesor i would love to know where the problem might occur. 
thank you for a quick reply.

.rdk   program za dispenz okvirjev.rdk (Size: 874.86 KB / Downloads: 104)
When you use a Cartesian target for a Joint movement, RoboDK prioritizes moving to the Cartesian coordinates instead of the joint values. However, when you use some drivers (Universal Robots specifically), the driver uses the original Joint values you used when you taught the target. 

To solve this issue, you can follow these steps:
  1. Right click your program PROGRAM
  2. Select Recalculate Targets

To prevent these type of issues I recommend you to make Joint movements to Joint targets instead of Cartesian targets.