Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Runtime error: Circular arc path has infinite radius

I have reviewed other threads for this issue, but have not found a solution yet. It is occurring on a program generated in MasterCam running on our UR10e on a 0.5" radius fillet. I have reconstructed the arc several times with fillet command and several arc strategies with no success in eliminating the error. I have slowed down execution on the robot to a crawl, but it still stops. When I looked at the "Set Rounding Radius" instruction under the Program Tab, it reads -1.000. When I modify this number I still get the error. Any thoughts? I have been trying to attach my .rdk file but the site keeps kicking me out...I even zipped up the file to no avail.
You can drop your file here:

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I am still getting this error, even on a very simple toolpath that simulates correctly in RoboDK, but will not execute on the Robot without the above Runtime error. There are no arcs with infinite radii... I seem to be getting this error with any program I have been writing, so would like to know what might be the source of the problem. The toolpath was generated in MasterCam and uploaded into RoboDK. Thanks.

I uploaded the file Robot_Test3.rdk to the link you provided...seemed to require several attempts. For some reason I cannot seem to attach to this reply. I'm also attempting to upload a zipped file of the Main program Test3 and the Test3 script file (apparently script files can't be uploaded)
Where do you receive the error.
In RoboDK or on the Teach Pendant?

I see why this would happen... If it wasn't a remote TCP situation, it would work just fine.

I have a few solutions for you.

1 - You modify MasterCAM parameters for it to only generate MoveLs, very small MoveLs for the rounded section.

2 - In RoboDK, "Tools"->"Options"->"Program"->"Max arc size (mm)"-> set to 1 or 2 mm.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel