Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scara Can't find a start point

Robot type is 4axes SCARA robot
I have problem with using Curve follow project. 
When I selected curve and choosed upadate that it always showed "Can't find a start point".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   AUO.rdk (Size: 256.61 KB / Downloads: 375)
Hi Frank, 

There were mainly two reasons for your problem. 

1 - The part was not part of a reference frame, which is required. 

2 - The default approach and retract movement of 100 mm along the normal created a starting point out of reach for the robot. 

I attached a modified version of the RDK station. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.rdk   AUO.rdk (Size: 258.72 KB / Downloads: 429)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I appreciate your help very much.

.rdk   external -axes.rdk (Size: 8.48 MB / Downloads: 347)
Hey Jeremy, I feel like I've thoroughly tried to do both these things (coordinate system for part & adjusting the approach/retract) and I'm still getting the no start point error. Am I missing something?

It's interesting because when I choose "select curve" and I click a curve I don't get the green arrows like normal. Before I added the positioner in this station I was getting green arrows. Maybe this is why it's telling me it can't find a start point? If so how should I fix that?

FYI I'm using the trial version on Ubuntu 18.
Hi rmoeller,

When you move the object to a specific place (Move geometry), you need to click "Apply move" before selecting the curve.
Also make sure the "Object position" is at Zero.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel