Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Set a new start position for robot on rail

Hey all,

We have our Kuka robot set up on a rail, and when it was first installed the base was setup so that it was directly adjacent to the turntable in our RoboDK setup. As time has passed we have found that this means its hard for the arm to reach around the model on the turntable. 

We want to change the initial start location for the robot arm on its rail, but we seem to be unable to change it because all attempts to move it either end up in the turntable rotating or the operation being cut in the air.

Can anyone give any advise on how to adjust this?

Many thanks!
Hi Jonathan,

Can you provide your .rdk station? That would help us help you.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hey sure, thank you for responding, please find it attached.

Attached Files
.rdk   Rotary Table.rdk (Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 328)
Hi Jonathan,

Could you add a print screen or two to better express your issue?
I looked at your station but didn't see anything special, but I'm pretty sure I'm simply not looking at the right thing.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Jonathan, are you sure it's an rdk thing, or is it the kinematic setup on the robot? What version of kss are you running?