Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting Multiple Approach/Retract options through API

Exclamation 
Hello RoboDK,

I am making use of the API through C# and am trying to set multiple retract options. The setParams("Retract", ...) allows me to set the parameters for the first retract but I cannot find any examples of how to add a second retract as can be done through the UI. Bascially, I need to have an Overlap retract and then a Normal retract for our system to function correctly. Can you let me know if this is possible and how to accomplish this with the API?    
We just updated RoboDK to support adding multiple approach/retract movement types using the API. Make sure to update RoboDK to the latest version (Windows 64 bit only).

You should simply separate the movement types with the semicolon character. For example:

Code:
from robolink import *
RDK = Robolink()
m = RDK.Item('', ITEM_TYPE_MACHINING)
print(m.setParam("ApproachRetract", "Overlap 10;Normal 10;Tangent 20"))
Hey Albert,

Thank you for the information. I will update and check. Will the other versions of RoboDK also get this update? We are currently using Windows but are hoping to switch to the Linux version that can run on the Jetson Xavier so will need this feature on that as well.
Yes, we'll update other platforms as well with the release of RoboDK 5.3 but it will take a few days.
Just for reference, you can use the following keywords using the API to apply a specific approach/retract strategy that corresponds to the approach/retract strategy visible in the dropdown menu of a robot machining project (in the same order):
  1. Normal
  2. Tangent
  3. Side
  4. XYZ
    (relative)
  5. AbsXYZ
    (absolute coordinates)
  6. NTS
    (normal/tangent/side relative movement)
  7. RotXYZ
    (XYZ rotation)
  8. ArcN
    (arc along the normal)
  9. ArcS
    (arc along the side)
  10. ArcRotN
    (arc along the normal while rotating the TCP)
  11. ArcRotS
    (arc along the side while rotating the TCP)
  12. Overlap

You can use the following parameters:
  • Approach
    Apply the approach retract strategy
  • Retract
    Apply the desired retract strategy
  • ApproachRetract
    Apply to the approach and retract strategies