Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting up a new cell with positioner

Hello, I'm new to this and gradually getting my head around the workings. However there is a couple of things in which I could do with a little advice on. I have a abb 6620 robot and a expert positioner/turntable. The positioner only has 4 positions on it, it has dwell on which stops at every 90 degrees, so I am trying to work out the best way to set up the cell with the 4 positions on the turntable so it can call these positions when it needs to turn the workpiece to mill out the other sides. I will be running 3 different tool heads on the machine, an atc spindle which will correspond to a static 8 tool bank. A ceramic extruder and a plastic extruder. I will manually change the tool head on the robot when I want to change the process i.e milling, ceramic or plastic.  I have drawn the turntable out and assigned it to one rotary axis  with 2 full turns but struggling to work out how to give it its 4 positions. Am I right in thinking that for the tool rack with the 8 tools in I will teach this in the robot and then assign targets with the different tools. I'm super excited to get going with the robot and robodk. Liam
Please find attached the cell which will hopefully help to understand what i'm talking about.

Please find attached the cell which will hopefully help to understand what i'm talking about.

Attached this time hopefully!

Attached Files
.rdk   LAZERIAN CELL.rdk (Size: 3.73 MB / Downloads: 331)
Hi Liam,

Nice project.

Did you watch this video/webinar?
https://youtu.be/HN9bHHGyVOk

You can create targets and programs linked to the turntable. One target and one program per position should work for you.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel