Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simulation Speed increased for Smooth motion

Hello, this is my first post here.

I'm working on a simulation with the TM5S robot, and encountered an issue when using the Smooth instruction.
The simulation speed seemed to be increased by at least a 100 fold whenever the Smooth instruction is added.

I watched the YouTube video "Rounding and Blending", it doesn't seem to be changing the simulation speed when the Smooth instruction is added.
Is there any settings I should set?

.mp4   RoboDK_C9aY73qgNS.mp4 (Size: 862.45 KB / Downloads: 30)
Adding the rounding/blending instruction with a value greater than zero will prevent the robot from stopping at each point. The RoboDK simulation assumes the robot can maintain a constant speed through the points. In practice, the robot may slow down to fulfill the rounding accuracy required.
Hello, Albert. Thank you for the reply.
Yes I understands that rounding/blending instructions will prevent the robot from stopping at each point. That is exactly what I am looking for to complete this simulation.
What I did not understand is why did the rounding/blending instructions increased the simulation speed by that much.
If we look at the video I attached, the first program run is without blending. Everything is fine.
The second program is added with blending 10, and it completed within the blink of an eye.
The speed difference makes sense. This happens because if you have the rounding (blending) activated (in the first video), the robot will accelerate and decelerate to reach the speed of zero at each point. Therefore, most of the time is spent accelerating and decelerating. If you increase accelerations, the speed difference will not be so much.