Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simulation and real robot doesnt work exactly the same.

Hello

I'm working with a real Fanuc LR Mate 200iD robot and I simulate it's movements through RoboDK.

I'm generating the .LS program file with RoboDK and then converting the .LS file to .TP file in order to transfer the RoboDK program to the real robot and test its movements.

To demonstrate my issue I generate a simple program that consists of a sequence, It means the robot end-effector is going to point A and then to point B. 

I send that simulation to the real robot and the joint's angles associated of the J1,J2,J3,j4,J5, and J6 of my real robot and the simulated robot are both the same, at the point A and at the point B.

However, physically the robot is not exactly in the position which is desired to be, as the simulation. The main goal is to the real robot end effector be exactly as the simulation, which is up of that square area. The real robot goes outside the work area of the robot, but both joint's angle same the same.

First, I associate that problem geometrically, maybe the work cell of my robot has error in the measurement, but I figured out that that the CAD which are on the RoboDK measurements are correct.

I attach here some pictures and files, hope can get a visual understanding.

Thanks
Jose

Here the pictures

Here the pictures of my issue.

Here the RoboDK file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   estacion7 new prueba.rdk (Size: 2.13 MB / Downloads: 109)
I don't understand the issue. What error message are you referring to?

It looks like the robot reached the second and last target without issues.

If you are referring to the Deadman switch released message it means you released the safety switch in the back.
Hi.

The issue is that although both joint variables in RoboDK and in the real Fanuc Robot are the same, as I showed above in the pictures where I show the joint angles on the Teach Pendant and in the RoboDK both at the same target point, physically the robot is not at the same position, respect to the workcell which is both physically and in the RoboDK simulation through CAD files which had the same measures as the real workcell.

It has an offset in Z and Y.
If you are referring to the fact that part of tool is rotated 90 deg it means the tool was not mounted properly or the 3D model does not match the real tool.

I noticed you tried updating it in your project by moving the RZ in the geometry section of the tool. However, I believe you need to double check if the 3D model is correct.