Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simulation does not match actual robot movement.

Hi All, 

I'm having some trouble matching the simulation in RoboDK with the actual movement the robot is doing. We have a KRC2 system, the system is used for 3D printing. 

I'm trying to get the robot to print on multiple platforms within the same program. I've setup four targets for testing, two above the large print platform and two above the small platform. When I create a program in RoboDK which moves between the target points it simulates exactly as I would like it to move. When I load the program onto the robot however the program skips the first target in the program and goes directly to the second, from there the robot moves towards the next target however it starts to rotate the TCP about 'C'. The tool needs to stay square to the part like in the simulation. What could be the issue? 

I've attached a couple of pictures showing the RoboDK interface as well as the exported code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, 

Andre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quick question, do you have an external axis setup in your station?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

The only external axis we use is for the extruder. The platforms are fixed in place.
can you attach your .rdk station?
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy, 

Please see attached station. I'm still feeling my way around RoboDK so please feel free to point out any errors in what I'm doing.

Attached Files
.rdk   KR240cell_Multi-Plat.rdk (Size: 13.86 MB / Downloads: 253)
From what I can see, the targets in the generated program are from the flange perspective instead of the TCP.

Go into Tools->Options and select Set default settings.

Also, which version of RoboDK are you using and which post-processor?
Make sure you have the correct post-processor selected by doing right click on the program->Select post processor->KUKA KRC2.
Hi Oliver, 

Thank you very much for the advice. We are using version 4.0.0 and I can confirm that I'm using the Kuka KRC2 post processor.

I've done a reset to defaults and still have the same problem, it looks like joint 6 wants to turn all the way around to get to the next point.

Is there somewhere else I can look to see if the moves are based on the TCP?
Do you have a paid license for RoboDK?
If yes, I suggest you upgrade to a more recent version.
There have been some changes to the post processor since 2019.

On another note, I believe the version you have still have the uncompiled post-pro. There might be a flag you can modify in the post-pro.
Here is a link to the documentation for modifying post-pro, note that this is only possible with older version of RoboDK using uncompiled post-pro :
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processors.html#EditPost

Also, I joined a program generated from your station with the most recent KUKA KRC2 post-pro we have. 
Let me know if this version is still causing the rotation issue.

Attached Files
.src   Prog3.src (Size: 1.54 KB / Downloads: 217)
Hi Oliver, 

We do have a license so I'll look into the upgrade. 

The program you generated works, the first PTP move is a bit off though as the arm goes to near full extension 90° out to the left when facing the machine from the front. Once it has completed that move the rest works as I would expect. 

We run a slightly adapted version of the Kuka-KRC2 post processor, would this need to be updated as well with the update of the software?

I've tried to generate a program using version 5.3.2 and the standard Kuka-KRC2 post processor. I still get the same results. One thing I did notice while looking at the code I generated and the code you generated is that yours has an initial PTP move before going into the LIN moves. My code does not have that PTP move. Could this be what is causing it? 

If so what could be the reason my code does not contain the PTP move? 

I've attached my file and your to this post for reference.

Attached Files
.src   MultiPlat.src (Size: 1.46 KB / Downloads: 205)
.src   Prog3.src (Size: 1.54 KB / Downloads: 226)
Did you try with the generic KUKA KRC2 post-processor?
Because I just looked at the previous station you sent and it creates a PTP as it should.

Could you post your version of the post here so that we can take a look?

Jeremy