Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slic3r/G-Code post processor for RoboDK

I have been working with the 3D printing functionality in RoboDK and Slic3r 1.3.  It seems to be working ok, but Slic3r is slow and unwieldy, and I am interested in customizing how the generated GCODE gets translated to RoboDK instructions.  Is there a post processor for Slic3r (or GCode pre-processor for RoboDK) that I can modify for my purposes similar to the way I can modify post processors for specific robot platforms?  This would also allow using a different slicer, which would be my preference.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hi Deisengard,

You are not stock with Slic3r, this is just a free option we package with RoboDK.

You can use any Slicer and import the generated G-Code to RoboDK by simply "Drag and drop" program on the RDK interface.

That will automatically create a "Robot Machining Project", but it behaves the same exact way as a "3D printing project".

Hope it helps.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-02-2020, 04:26 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Deisengard,

You are not stock with Slic3r, this is just a free option we package with RoboDK.

You can use any Slicer and import the generated G-Code to RoboDK by simply "Drag and drop" program on the RDK interface.

That will automatically create a "Robot Machining Project", but it behaves the same exact way as a "3D printing project".

Hope it helps.

Jeremy

Can you provide more details on how to 'drag and drop' the program on the RDK interface?  Is there a subfolder that this needs to be dropped into or a dropdown window within the program that I can access the RDK interface? 

Thanks,

Andy
You can drag any file and drop it to the RoboDK window. This is the same as opening a file with RoboDK.

If you open a G-code file RoboDK will automatically create a new robot machining or 3D printing project.