Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Split object .stp

Dear RoboDK staff,

I have a few questions about the "Split object" function, which allows you to split a 3D file (such as .stp) into its single parts. In particular I wonder:

1) When you use this function, the created parts are associated to files .cadobj; is it possible to associate them to .stp files as well?

2) Is it possible to customize someway the "Split object" function (maybe with a Python script) to specify for example the single parts you want to split from the original .stp file?

3) Can I find anywhere some documentation about this specific function?

Thank you in advance

Federico
In RoboDK you can export objects as STL files. The ".cadobj" file format is used by RoboDK and can't be converted back to STP format.
The "Split object" is not available through the API. This option is interesting is you want to split one object into smaller objects and delete some of them. Then you can regroup them by selecting a few objects, right click, then select "Group together".

This option is used internally by RoboDK to build robots and it is not documented.
(05-02-2016, 04:17 PM)RoboDK Wrote: In RoboDK you can export objects as STL files. The ".cadobj" file format is used by RoboDK and can't be converted back to STP format.
The "Split object" is not available through the API. This option is interesting is you want to split one object into smaller objects and delete some of them. Then you can regroup them by selecting a few objects, right click, then select "Group together".

This option is used internally by RoboDK to build robots and it is not documented.

Dear RoboDK staff,

thank you for your help.

Federico