Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SprayOn with continuous line

Hi,

I tried to change Spray on parameter and configured volume several time /last config below), but I was not successful to create a continuous line . Just dots are visible. Off course, when I lower the speed, than more dots are visible. But this would kill my real time simulation (I try to simulate to add glue with a spraygun with bead of 30 mm diameter on an object with dedicated speed).  Unfortunately I am not able to interprete the parameter of the script in the rigth way.
Does anyone has an idea how to achive this?
Thanks, Wolfgang

// tried as rectangle size of 20 mm x 20 mm

options_command = "RECTANGLE STEP=1x0"

close_p0 = [0, 0, -200]  # xyz in mm: Center of the conical ellypse (side 1)
    close_pA = [20, 0, -200]  # xyz in mm: First vertex of the conical ellypse (side 1)
    close_pB = [0, 20, -200]  # xyz in mm: Second vertex of the conical ellypse (side 1)
    close_color = [1, 0, 0, 1]  # RGBA (0-1)

far_p0 = [0, 0, 50]  # xyz in mm: Center of the conical ellypse (side 2)
    far_pA = [20, 0, 50]  # xyz in mm: First vertex of the conical ellypse (side 2)
    far_pB = [0, 20, 50]  # xyz in mm: Second vertex of the conical ellypse (side 2)
    far_color = [0, 0, 1, 1]  # RGBA (0-1)
The spray function of RoboDK displays these droplets with every render event. If you simulate faster there will be less render events.
`
If you are looking to draw a continuous line you can use these scripts:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Macros/WeldOn.py
C:/RoboDK/Library/Macros/WeldOff.py

And you should run the simulation at normal speed.
(06-23-2023, 09:44 AM)Albert Wrote: The spray function of RoboDK displays these droplets with every render event. If you simulate faster there will be less render events.
`
If you are looking to draw a continuous line you can use these scripts:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Macros/WeldOn.py
C:/RoboDK/Library/Macros/WeldOff.py

And you should run the simulation at normal speed.

Hi Albert, thanks for response.
But it did not work. I used WeldOn, but particles look similar to Spray_On (just some dots on the way of movement.
Furthermore, the particles are not at the selected object. When using RESET,  the particles to not disapear.
Hi Albert,

yesterday I checked the script for Weld_On and found out that there are some bugs in the script.
- Selecting the Clear function does not work because query is two times for OFF and not for Reset
- Reading parameters need to be updated when reading content for color. Color is read with lower

I fixed the bugs, but the welding/spray parameter still do not enable an continuous line.
You should select the Escape key to clear the trace. You could provoke this event by running this command:
RDK.Command("Escape")

To setup your color I recommend you to use the Hexadecimal color code using the AARRGGBB format (alpha, red, green, blue).

I don't understand the issues and modifications you are referring to. Can you share an RDK project file that shows this issue?
(06-26-2023, 08:02 AM)Albert Wrote: You should select the Escape key to clear the trace. You could provoke this event by running this command:
RDK.Command("Escape")

To setup your color I recommend you to use the Hexadecimal color code using the AARRGGBB format (alpha, red, green, blue).

I don't understand the issues and modifications you are referring to. Can you share an RDK project file that shows this issue?

Hi,
below the comments for the original file "Weld_On.py" in the directory you mentioned.
Line 140 there is  following code, which checks the action ACTION_OFF two times, but not "RESET"
# Apply the desired action
if Action == ACTION_OFF:
    # Turn the gun off
    RDK.Spray_SetState(SPRAY_OFF, spray_id)

elif Action == ACTION_OFF:
    # Clear all spray simulations (same as pressing ESC key)
    RDK.Spray_Clear(spray_id)
Color is read with "lower" (line 107) therfore the Alpha with Digits is probably not interpreted in the right way.
With linear movement of less than 300 mm/s the projected dots are close together to show a continuous line. When simulation with 5 times the normal speed, dot with space between are visible.
This migth be caused due to the fact that the simulation with 5 time speed is just for movements and not for the macro .

Attached my modified file.

br

Attached Files
.py   WeldOnWS1.py (Size: 9.16 KB / Downloads: 135)
Thank you for your feedback! We'll fix this with our next version of RoboDK.
One question more, regaridning the original topic.
Do you think it is possible "somehow" to give process/thread for a macro higher priority than others to achieve a continuous line even when using higher simulation speed.
What I mean is, does RoboDK has an option for the user to control application priorities?
If so, I could give higher priority to the macro thread before robot moving program, so that much more particles will be placed at shorter distance.

Thanks
It is not possible to control the process/thread priorities from RoboDK. 

However, one workaround if want to use the RoboDK API using Python, is to trigger an increment in simulation time by using this command:
Code:
RDK.Command("SimulationTime", 0.1)
This would update robots and programs by this much time in seconds (0.1 seconds).

The workflow would then be:
Code:
RDK.setSimulationSpeed(0) # Stop the simulation
while True:
    RDK.Command("SimulationTime", 0.1) # This moves the simulation by 0.1 sec
    RDK.Render() # This provokes dropping particles
    # time.sleep(0.05) # Optional
However, another way to triggers your code at each render event would be to create a plugin. You have access to the RoboDK API via a plugin and much more through a plugin. For example, you could render your own graphics at each render event.

You can find more information about RoboDK plugins here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PlugIns/index.html