Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staubli RX90 in RoboDK

Hi,

I am teaching Robotic in a french engineer school and I would like to use RoboDK to illustrate my purpose.

We have a quite old robot in our school (Stäubli RX90 - year 1998).

From my first investigations, I would say  it is not similar than the RX90B nor the RX90BL of the RoboDK database.

In particular, the position of the joints at the null are not the same. This is the configuration obtained when all joints are at the null.

Am I right ? Is there a solution to offset the joint value in roboDK ?

Thank you for your answers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can modify the DH parameters and offset the joints zeros by :

1. Double click the robot.
2. Click on Parameters.
3. Unlock advanced options.
4. Modify the joint offset from the theta(deg) column.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-05-2021, 04:07 PM)Olivier Wrote: You can modify the DH parameters and offset the joints zeros by :

2. Click on Parameters.

That's a very good point. Right now, I can't try this because I use the free trial version in order to evaluate RoboDK in our pedagogic context ... and robot parameters are not avaible.

Thank you for your reply
(10-05-2021, 07:28 PM)BenoitMagnain Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 04:07 PM)Olivier Wrote: You can modify the DH parameters and offset the joints zeros by :

2. Click on Parameters.

That's a very good point. Right now, I can't try this because I use the free trial version in order to evaluate RoboDK in our pedagogic context ... and robot parameters are not avaible.

Thank you for your reply

Benoit,

I've built a new model for my older Rx90 (system is from 1994), so NOT Rx90B, as is currently available.  I can't guarantee it is perfect, or identical to your machine, but I have a feeling it will be a lot safer and work better for you than what is currently in the library. 

Here's a link:  https://www.davidturnswood.com/tmp/Rx90_...202000.rdk